Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix file utilities
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unix file utilities Post 302303167 by subhendu81 on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 04:10:59 AM
Old 04-02-2009
Thanks for this ..but it may possible that the comma is present some where else like

input
====
a,""b,"",d,f,""ggh-,"",dshgdg,""dhhd,hhkhk"",""-gh,""

then what will be the solution?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compression utilities

I've noticed bzip2 gives a little bit better compression than gzip. So...I'm curious...what's gives the best compression out of all the compression utilities? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Utilities

Hi, My input file is like this 1 11110001 1.1.1.1.1 2 12222212 2.3.44.5.6 3 22223333 1.3.2.4.1.55 Now i need the 2nd column value get printed I tried with the following command awk 'NR==1 {print $2}' input this works fine for only 1st row.I need to change always NR assigned value to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyo123.jyothi
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bc and wc utilities???

Hi, Can anybody explain bc and wc system utilities in Unix? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing softwares and utilities in unix

Greetings to Everyone, iam a new unix learner , can anyone tell me how to install softwares and utilities in unix, (comparing with windows installation) . in windows we use to install softwares like executing a "exe" file with "next,next....finish." Give me some details abt "how the setup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

non GNU utilities

Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a source of proprietary unix utilities. I often fall into the trap of testing a spot of code on my linux machine, posting the answer in the forums and then realise that the solution may only work with the GNU utils that I use, and not standard posix ones (if there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wempy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

utilities

hi experts, i have a file sample: ======= 000123 5 7 0008 00345 5 9 0004 how can i get an output as 123 5 7 8 345 5 9 4 thanks in an advance subhendu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut/fgrep (UNIX utilities)

Hi I need to download unix utilities for my windows OS as i need to use cut/fgrep command. Can any one help me with this please. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syseq
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab utilities

Hi gurus/lead, I have one doubt in crontab. I have shell script source code in one server. where I don't have priviliges acess R/W the shell script in that server. how can I setup the crontab to pick the code from the other unix server ? whether is there any possibility. in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies
CGTRFS(l)								 )								 CGTRFS(l)

NAME
CGTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CGTRFS( TRANS, N, NRHS, DL, D, DU, DLF, DF, DUF, DU2, IPIV, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS INTEGER IPIV( * ) REAL BERR( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX B( LDB, * ), D( * ), DF( * ), DL( * ), DLF( * ), DU( * ), DU2( * ), DUF( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
CGTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
TRANS (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies the form of the system of equations: = 'N': A * X = B (No transpose) = 'T': A**T * X = B (Transpose) = 'C': A**H * X = B (Conjugate transpose) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. DL (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of A. D (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N) The diagonal elements of A. DU (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) superdiagonal elements of A. DLF (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) multipliers that define the matrix L from the LU factorization of A as computed by CGTTRF. DF (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factorization of A. DUF (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) elements of the first superdiagonal of U. DU2 (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (N-2) The (n-2) elements of the second superdiagonal of U. IPIV (input) INTEGER array, dimension (N) The pivot indices; for 1 <= i <= n, row i of the matrix was interchanged with row IPIV(i). IPIV(i) will always be either i or i+1; IPIV(i) = i indicates a row interchange was not required. B (input) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by CGTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX array, dimension (2*N) RWORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CGTRFS(l)