Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records Post 302303077 by nimi20 on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 07:35:20 PM
Old 04-01-2009
i am not running sa1 or sa2 from cron. The cron is -

/usr/bin/sar -o <filename> 60 180

and then i try to sar -f <filename> when i get that error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: Unable to remove directory xxxx/xxxx: File exists

Hi Everyone, I am having problem to delete an "empty" folder ( messages attached ). It displays "total 12" when i typed "ls -lart" on the fnxroot44 folder, but i can't view any file. Is there any way to view those unseen files ? I don't know why option "a" is not working this time. Would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deejay
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX File System device load

Hi Guys, I am new to HP-UX system, can someone please let me know which file or what process is require to load all the devices when the system boot up. Currently I am having a few issue when starting the system it does not load all the device. Cheers, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fkaba81
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with insufficient swap or memory space

Hi, When I execute one of my shellscript I am getting the below mentioned error message .This application takes 2input files which have the records counts 26463 and 1178046 exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with insufficient swap or memory space

Hi, When I execute one of my shellscript I am getting the below mentioned error message .This application takes 2input files which have the records counts 26463 and 1178046 exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script or SED command for [[Xxxx Xxxx Xxxx]] to [[Xxxx xxx xx]]

Hi, To comply with a new naming convention on a mediawiki site we have to run a SED or other PERL command to change all instances of ] or ] or ] to ] Can someone please explain how to do this... It has to be done on a mysql dump, so if there is a way to do this in mysql even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
2 Replies

6. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load in video decoding using SAR

Hi, I'm John_giova and I'm new in this Forum. Sorry my english, it's not my first language. So, I'm trying to check the CPU utlization during the video encoding and decoding (making a comparison between SW and HW ) using the SAR tool. According to a past thread I saw as CPU utilization I should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_giova
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs error: insufficient space for argument

I'm trying to crudely hack my way through some data processing. I have file.txt with around 17,000 lines like this: ACYPI002690-PA.aa.afa.afa.trim_phyml_tree_fullnames_fullhomolog.txt 3 72 71 ACYPI002690-PA.aa.afa.afa.trim_phyml_tree_fullnames_fullhomolog.txt 97 111 71... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies

10. Linux

No space left on device while there is plenty of space available

Hello all posting here after scanning the net and tried most of the things offered still no solution that worked when I do : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on footmpfs 7.9G 60K 7.9G 1% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm /dev/da1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies
sag(1)								   User Commands							    sag(1)

NAME
sag - system activity graph SYNOPSIS
sag [-e time] [-f file] [-i sec] [-s time] [-T term] [-x spec] [-y spec] DESCRIPTION
The sag utility graphically displays the system activity data stored in a binary data file by a previous sar(1) run. Any of the sar data items may be plotted singly or in combination, as cross plots or versus time. Simple arithmetic combinations of data may be specified. sag invokes sar and finds the desired data by string-matching the data column header (run sar to see what is available). The sag utility requires a graphic terminal to draw the graph, and uses tplot(1) to produce its output. When running Solaris 2.x and OpenWindows, perform the following steps: 1. Run an "xterm" as a Tektronics terminal: prompt# xterm -t 2. In the "xterm" window, run sag specifying a tek terminal: prompt# sag -T tek options OPTIONS
The following options are supported and passed through to sar (see sar(1)): -e time Select data up to time. Default is 18:00. -f file Use file as the data source for sar. Default is the current daily data file /usr/adm/sa/sadd. -i sec Select data at intervals as close as possible to sec seconds. -s time Select data later than time in the form hh[:mm]. Default is 08:00. -T term Produce output suitable for terminal term. See tplot(1) for known terminals. Default for term is $TERM. -x spec x axis specification with spec in the form: name[op name]...[lo hi] name is either a string that will match a column header in the sar report, with an optional device name in square brackets, for example, r+w/s[dsk-1], or an integer value. op is + - * or / surrounded by blank spaces. Up to five names may be specified. Parentheses are not recognized. Contrary to custom, + and - have precedence over * and /. Evaluation is left to right. Thus, A/A+B*100 is evaluated as (A/(A+B))*100, and A+B/C+D is (A+B)/(C+D). lo and hi are optional numeric scale limits. If unspecified, they are deduced from the data. Enclose spec in double-quotes ("") if it includes white space. A single spec is permitted for the x axis. If unspecified, time is used. -y spec y axis specification with spec in the same form as for -x. Up to 5 spec arguments separated by a semi-colon (;) may be given for -y. The -y default is: -y"%usr0100;%usr+%sys0100;%usr+%sys+%wio0100" EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the sag command. To see today's CPU utilization: example$ sag To see activity over 15 minutes of all disk drives: example$ TS=`date +%H:%M` example$ sar -o /tmp/tempfile 60 15 example$ TE=`date +%H:%M` example$ sag -f /tmp/tempfile -s $TS -e $TE -y "r+w/s[dsk]" FILES
/usr/adm/sa/sadd daily data file for day dd ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sar(1), tplot(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Mar 1998 sag(1)