Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading data from a specific line in a text file Post 302302937 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 11:35:52 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermaine4ever
The problem I am having is that I cannot get the code to read Line2
and then Line 3 Betting Number because the board in Line 1 is greater
than 1.

Why can you not do it? I don't see any code that even tries.

You need to check the value of $b and if it is greater than 1, read $(( $b - 1 )) lines from the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading specific line from file

Hi all... I not a expert unix script programmer, Kindly adjust. My requirement is that, i have a file which contains the about 10 lines - say 1 2 3 ... 8 war of the worlds: => text in this line 9 9000,80,78,77,334,445 => this line contains some numbers separted by commas 10 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool_boss2121
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding specific text and spaces to each line in a text file

Hi, I wanted to add specific text to each row in a text file containing three rows. Example: 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8 9 0 7 9 7 8 9 0 1 2 And I want to add a 21 at the beginning of the first row, and blank spaces at the beginning of the second two rows. To get this: 21 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert data into database by reading it from a text file??

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a text file and it contains these: GEF001 000093625 MKL002510 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL003604 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL005675 000001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallavishetty
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

hello, I have got the following problem that I am hoping someone can help with please. 1. I have got the following text file (below) , the columns data are 'Test Day', 'Board', 'Betting Number'. TEXT FILE ============================================ 1 3 02-01-27-28-29-30 0 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific line in a file while reading sequentially

All, I know this is a very naive question but I could not find a way to get this working! I have a file with values like input.file Value1 Value2 server1/mylogin,mypasswd Value3 Value4 And in my code, I am reading the file line by line and processing it. #! /bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retain backslash in a line while reading a data file?

Hello Firends I have a file that contains data within single quotes, which has meaning of its own. When I am trying to parse through the file for a different functionality I noticed that I was loosing the backslash when occurrences in the file look like ('\0'). I would want to retain the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: easwam
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading a specific line from a file

Hi All, I am having 100 lines a text file say a.txt. I want read the 'nth' line from that file inside a script. Kindly tell us how to that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and analysing data in a text file

Hi, I have below type of data in a text file in unix. Emp_Name Emp_Dept Raj 101 Amruta 100 Shilpa 100 Rohit 123 Amol 198 Rosh 101 Gaurav 198 Number of employees can be even more. Need a command or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies
Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)

NAME
Geometry::Primitive::Line - A Line DESCRIPTION
Geometry::Primitive::Line represents a straight curve defined by two points. SYNOPSIS
use Geometry::Primitive::Line; my $line = Geometry::Primitive::Line->new(); $line->start($point1); $line->end($point2); ATTRIBUTES
end Set/Get the end point of the line. start Set/Get the start point of the line. METHODS
new Creates a new Geometry::Primitive::Line contains_point Returns true if the supplied point is 'on' the line. Accepts either a point object or an x y pair. grow Does nothing, as I'm not sure how. Patches or hints welcome. is_parallel ($other_line) Returns true if the supplied line is parallel to this one. is_perpendicular ($other_line) Returns true if the supplied line is perpendicular to this one. length Get the length of the line. point_end Get the end point. Provided for Shape role. point_start Get the start point. Provided for Shape role. scale Does nothing at the moment. slope Get the slope of the line. to_string Guess! y_intercept Returns the Y intercept of this line. AUTHOR
Cory Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE You can redistribute and/or modify this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-10 Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)