Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MPLS Setup and routing
Special Forums IP Networking MPLS Setup and routing Post 302302934 by sysgate on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 11:28:28 AM
Old 04-01-2009
I hope it's not too late. For the first question - you should be able to ping the router. Then, you will pass the traffic the same you pass the traffic now, towards your main router. But, if you want only those four machines to route the data there, just create rules in respective firewall. If you have to kill the existing tunnel, you have to think of another way - new VLAN or new tunnel. I didn't understand, however, the big picture - why MPLS in the middle of the normal LAN ? You need to use MPLS paths and respective protocols to manage the traffic from the MPLS router.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing

I have SCO Unix. I have 2 routers. as it is now, when someone telnets to UNIX and goes through router #1 everything is fine. The users who go through router #2 can not connect at all. I talked to CISCO and they said I need to set up a second Gateway on UNIX. They said what is happening is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john fli
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Routing

ok i configured my gateway and IP address(es) using ifconfig and route.. but how can i bind unique IPs to users ? (im using FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE #3) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevilGREEN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

routing

Hi, in which file and how shuold be decalred a gateway and its IP adresse ? Where and how add a gateway ? Many thanks before. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mpls linux???

hello; i m trying to install mpls linux in fedora 5. so i recompiled the kernel. the compilation is successful.the commandes mpls nhlfe..., mpls ilm.., etc are known so mpls is working well. but when i try the commande like #mpl mhlfe add key 0instructions push gen 1000 nexthop eth0 ipv4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

6. AIX

Routing setup - AIX

Hi All, I know there is a way to do this in routers. The question is whether it is posisble to do this in AIX. For our Web Focus ODBC connection to the Disaster Recovery servers, we want to restrict the access to the ODBC ports so that only the IP address of the Web Focus server can get to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strunz
1 Replies

7. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Server setup for multiple IP routing?

Hey there, I am a network administrator of a student dorm. Me and my team (we do this in our spare time) have the task to upgrade and rebuild our dorm intern network. But unfortunately we don't have that much experience with server setup and ip-routing and stuff. So here is the topic I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgruen
8 Replies
NERO(1) 						   Alliance - nero User's Manual						   NERO(1)

NAME
nero - Negotiating Router SYNOPSIS
nero [ -h ] [ -v ] [ -V ] [ -c ] [ -2 ] [ -3 ] [ -4 ] [ -5 ] [ -6 ] [ -L ] [ -G ] [ --help ] [ --verbose ] [ --very-verbose ] [ --core-dump ] [ --local ] [ --global ] [ -p placement ] netlist layout DESCRIPTION
nero is a simple router suited for small academic designs. Currently it can process designs of size up to 4K gates. GLOBAL ROUTING A design is considered as big if it contains nets which half perimeter is greater than 800 lambdas. Global routing is used on big designs. In nero, "global routing" means that the longuests nets are completly routed in a first step with only routing layers numbers 3 & 4. Then the smaller nets are routed with all avalaibles layers. This implies that when global routing is used, the number of routing layers is forced to at least 4. In each step, the nets are routed from the shortest to the longuest with the same routing algorithm. INVOCATION
nero mandatory arguments : o netlist : the name of the design, whithout any extention. Please note that unless a -p placement option is given, the file holding the placement is expected to have the same name as the netlist file (short of the extention). o layout : the name of the resulting routed layout. Be careful of not giving the same name as the netlist, in this case the initial place- ment will be silently overwritten. nero optionnals arguments : o -h, --help : print help. o -v, --verbose : be verbose. o -V, --very-verbose : be unbearably verbose. o -c, --core-dump : do not prevent the generation of core dumps in case of a crash. Mostly used during the development stage. o -2, -3, -4, -5, -6 : set the numbers of layers used for routing. The default for small designs is 2 and 4 for big ones. When global rout- ing took place, the router will uses at least 4 routing layers. o -L, --local : turn off the global routing stage, whatever the size of the design. Be warned that this will enormously slow down the routing process. o -G, --global : turn on the global routing regardless of the size of the design. o -p placement, --place placement : specify a name for the placement file different from the netlist name. EXAMPLE
Route the netlist amd2901_core.vst, using the placement file amd2901_core_p.ap and store the result in amd2901_core_r. $ export MBK_IN_LO=vst $ export MBK_IN_PH=ap $ export MBK_OUT_PH=ap $ nero -V --place amd2901_core_p amd2901_core amd2901_core_r SEE ALSO
MBK_IN_LO(1), MBK_OUT_LO(1), MBK_IN_PH(1), MBK_OUT_PH(1), ocp(1), ocr(1), druc(1), cougar(1) ASIM
/LIP6 13 October 2002 NERO(1)