Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loops (including exclusing whille values) Post 302302933 by ph0enix on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 11:26:01 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Loops (including exclusing whille values)

Is there a way to make the following script more efficient using a single loop? I want n to be 1 through 254 excluding 10 and 225. How would I go about doing that?

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
nr="172.16.2."
n=1
msg="Adding static route for: "
while [ $n -le 9 ]
do
        /bin/echo $msg$nr$n
        /sbin/route add $nr$n -interface tun0
        n=$((n+1))
done
n=11
while [ $n -le 224 ]
do
        /bin/echo $msg$nr$n
        n=$((n+1))
done
n=232
while [ $n -le 254 ]
do
        /bin/echo $msg$nr$n
        n=$((n+1))
done

Thanks! Smilie

J.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: including files

I am wondering how I can include external files in a perl script. I'm currently working on a website, and I'd like to put my menu items in a subroutine for example, and put that in another file such as menu.pl. That way, I can call the subroutine from each page (such as news.pl), and if I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Including files

Hi, Is it possible to include files (print with EOF, sort of like ssi) in perl/cgi? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marringi
1 Replies

3. Programming

Error while including libraries

Hi All, When i am trying to include graphics.h ,dos.h and conio.h, its giving error as follows: pgm.c:2:17: dos.h: No such file or directory pgm.c:3:22: graphics.h: No such file or directory pgm.c:4:19: conio.h: No such file or directory Whereas stdio.h, stdlib.h and time.h gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

round decimal values and use in loops

i have a file in which 3 values are stored like --4.72 4.42 3.86 what i wanna do is that take read each value and compare with a fixed value say 5 but cant do so as i am getting an error for the same. please check the code cat /home/nsadm/auto/Logging/uptime.txt| while read a b c do if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemnian.g
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

including libraries in Makefile.am

hi, I have the following code in my Makefile.am that works fine for simple programs: bin_PROGRAMS=test test_SOURCES=test.cpp so, when I run 'make test', it runs the following command: g++ -o test test.cpp however, when I tried to run a program that includes the QuantLib library, I have to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments but exclusing some

I have a tcsh script which I pass arguments to. I want to store all the arguments except for the options. Currently I am using the line below, however I want to also exclude and variation of them (e.g. whether any letter is uppercase or lower case) Is there a neat way to do it? set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail including gif's ?

My department uses an outlook mail merge to send login information to multiple users who request access. I would like to use sendmail for obvious reasons. I copied a sample email source, with all the disgusting html formatting from outlook, and can successfully send emails almost exactly as I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use loops to take the values line by line

Hi am using aix ... I have tried so far but am getting unknown test operator error for example i have three files in one dir ... A2008 A2408 A2808 final output results should be A0108 is missing --- A1908 is missing A2108 is missing ..... #! /bin/ksh i=`ls A* |cut -c2-3` j=`date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ls with pattern and including path?

Hello to all, Maybe someone could help me, my question is: How can a filter the print of command ls for the files with names of the form "abc*.txt" including the path? I've done this: If I move with command cd to /My/Path/Is/This/ and send this command: ls -lst abc*.txt -i... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
37 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while including values in xml tags using shell script

Hi All, Please find the code below where I want to add the variable value in between the XML tags. I am taking one string and my goal is to put them between the xml tags. Ex : in between <name> , <lname> Kindly suggest a correction because while executing this script I am getting and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies
DUMP_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   DUMP_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
dump_sockdfr - Display contents of frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
dump_sockdfr [infile] DESCRIPTION
dump_sockdfr reads in a frozen route file for the SOCKS server and produces a listing of its contents on the standard output. The argument is optional; if omitted, /etc/sockd.fr is assumed. The frozen route file is produced by make_sockdfr and is essentially the memory image of the parsed route file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
make_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 DUMP_SOCKDFR(8)