Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: handling incoming messages
Special Forums IP Networking handling incoming messages Post 302302781 by charlitos on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 02:50:53 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Data handling incoming messages

I have a few clients connecting to the server(which is using select()) and theyre trying to send messages to each other. How do I wait for input on stdin and at the same time I wait for data to being sent from the server? Should I use select() in my client too? How exactly though?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check incoming mail to sendmail

I'm trying to find a command to check what mail is being sent to my sendmail server... Can't seem to find it... anyone know how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script from incoming email

hi I have a bit of a problem i need help with. I have a script that runs no problems when i run it manually. as soon as i stick in tester: /app/scripts/run.pl into /etc/aliases & try to run it by sending a mail it doesnt work. the output files are owned by daemon, which i dont like & think... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo77
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to automate incoming mail processing

Hi All, I require to develop some script which will continuously be looking for mails from some specific mail addresses on AIX server. Once any such mail arrives, the process will look into the mail subject and mail body to search for some keywords like success or failure, filename etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek8220
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to number incoming files

Hey guys, I am working on a Cshell script and I am stuck on this one part. I need to be able to copy in files to my directory but give them different names so they don't overwrite each other. For example, my folder already contains FILE.1 I want my script to name the next file copied over... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hootdocta5
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incoming mail Alert !!

Hi, If I am getting any new mail in my mail box I need an alet message . Please help me to get the script .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: script to monitor incoming files

I have 20 or so files that are ftp'd each day to a particular directory. I want to create a script that will tell me if any of these files fails to arrive or if any additional files arrive. I'm thinking I'd have a list of file names that should arrive each day, and the script would check each days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveyc82
2 Replies

7. Solaris

logging incoming connections on solaris 10

i've been able to log incoming telnet and ssh connections on solaris 9 using the following lines in /etc/syslog.conf # Telnet connections are logged to auth.notice auth.notice /var/adm/authlog # An entry in /etc/profile logs all telnet connections... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

8. Linux

incoming mails not coming

I am using Linux box. i am able to send mails through sendmail to local and other domains. i am not receving any incoming mails. dovecot service is running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishindn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block all incoming connection for 10h

Hi all, I am working on a shell script that blocks all incoming and outgoing connections for 10 hours. After then hours everything will be unblocked again. i am using the ipfw command and put it to sleep the amount of time in seconds. ipfw -q flush ipfw -f add deny tcp from any to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: runtimeError
8 Replies

10. IP Networking

All incoming connections ips LOG

How to make a log that will log all ips that connect to the server or send packets? And how to block an ip that make packets flood and try to DDoS? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: [xEF]Danger
1 Replies
GEMS-SERVER(1)							gems documentation						    GEMS-SERVER(1)

NAME
gems-server - Transmit a shell session in real time. SYNOPSIS
gems-server [-ip ip] [-port p] [-maxconn n] [-wait m] [-log dest] [-noscript] [-script_bin script] gems-server -h | -v DESCRIPTION
Transmits a shell session to be shown in real time in various different computers or terminals. gems-server transmits data in real time to clients via a network connection. Each one of these clients must run the gems-client(1) program to establish connection and receive the transmitted data. Clients can connect and disconnect at any given time, but of course they will only receive the data that is transmitted while they are connected (just like a radio transmission/reception system). The gems system is normally used to transmit a console session and show it in various computers at the same time, but it is also possible to transmit any other kind of data. OPTIONS
-ip IP address where connections will be accepted. -port TCP port. Default: 6666. -maxconn Do not accept more than n simultaneous clients. Default: 25. -wait Wait until m clients are connected before starting the transmission. This is useful to ensure that the first m clients will receive all data transmitted. The default behavior is to start transmission immediately, without waiting for client connections. -log By default, the server does not write log messages. This option configures the destination of logs. The dest argument can be `sys- log' (to log through syslogd(8)), `stderr' (to log through standard error output), or it can be an arbitrary filename (log messages will be appended to the file, if it exists). -noscript By default, the server executes the script(1) program to take terminal data and transmit it. When this option is used the server will not run script, and data will be read form standard input. -script_bin Specifies the location of the script(1). program. Default: /usr/bin/script. -h Show a short help message. -v Show version information. FILES
/var/lock/gems-server.PORT Lock file. gems-server creates this file on initialization and deletes it on exit. PORT is replaced by the TCP port used. gems- server will not run if this file is already present in the system. AUTHORS
Diego Essaya <dessaya@fi.uba.ar> Emiliano Castagnari <ecastag@fi.uba.ar> SEE ALSO
gems-client(1), script(1), syslogd(8) gems AUGUST 2004 GEMS-SERVER(1)