Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL commands in a shell scripting Post 302302764 by villain41 on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 12:46:10 AM
Old 04-01-2009
i=`(
sqlplus -S clocapp/clocappstg@CLOC2ARCH010 <<ENDOFSQL
select max(dq_time) from amq_txn_ex;
ENDOFSQL
)
`
echo $i

This is working fine...

Sorry for this thread....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql with shell scripting

Hi, I want to extract data from database table to a flat file using shell scripting. For loading data from file to a table, I had used SQL Loader. How can I do the vice versa using shell scripting. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting and SQL

Hi, I have a file that has contents like this: SQL> select * from details; NAME REG -------------------- ---------- Mani 1 Santosh 2 Manju 3 Mukesh 4 SQL> spool off; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sql commands in shell script

hi, plz let me know one example in using sql command in shell script thanks inadvance -bali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/commands/scripting/c questions

1. Can anyone explain me what the line x=signal(SIGINT,nh); does? 2. How do I write a command to print the longest line in a file? 3. How do I write a command to print the last word of every line of a file using sed? 4. What exactly does this line do? :%s/^\(\)\(\)/\2\1/g^M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrologist
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how towrite sql in shell scripting

hi iam new of scipiting.give me the some Material of regarding sql in scripting. and i have no backup's in 3 severs.how to write script in dirctory. please give me some usefull information cheers Naveen.g (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql & Shell scripting book

Hi, I am looking for some books that have examples of both Oracle SQL and Shell script being used together. For example, to insert 500 rows into a table using a script. I already have books that cover Shell scripting or SQL, but as separate subjects. I am looking for books that have both of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: handle123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL commands in Scripting

Hi , Daily I sneding report to client about the status of State 2 jobs in Control M . I would like to schedule it via cron . I am using teh following command : sudo su - <control M server Name> then reach to the control M server then run #isql <It ask for the password > ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandancsc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql issue in shell scripting

HI friends , i am also facing an issue in mysql i ma trying to insert detail in a variable but not got success #!/bin/sh mysql -u<username> -p<password> <dbname> << EOF DEV=`mysql --skip-column-names <dbname> -e "SELECT timestamp from process_record where id = 1"` EOF echo $DEV ERROR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay833i
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting question with SQL

hey i have to connect to sql through shell script , then store the value of the query in a variable and then compare it after some time after running a process. i have used this code but it is not working. #!/bin/sh Val = (sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 <<! SELECT MAX(STAT_ID) FROM CVT_STATS;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate sql statement using shell scripting

Can anyone please assist me? I have attached 2 input files and one output file. I need to generate the sql update statements using the above 2 input files. if inputfile2 has 5 rows, then we should generate 5 update statements because column1 is unique. inputfile1 and inputfile2 may contain more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
10 Replies
cvm-sql(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						cvm-sql(7)

NAME
cvm-sql - CVM SQL Framework QUERY SUBSTITUTION
$VAR and ${VAR} are replaced with the quoted value of the environment variable named VAR. Use the second form when VAR contains anything other than alpha-numeric or underscore (_) characters. Do not include quotes in the query. The variables account and domain contain the account and domain names given by the CVM client. $$ is replaced with a single dollar sign. QUERY RESULTS
The query must produce the following fields exactly in order. All required fields must not be null or empty. 1. Password, encrypted with crypt(3) (required) 2. Actual account name (required) 3. User ID (integer) (required) 4. Group ID (integer) (required) 5. Directory (required) 6. Real name (optional) 7. Login shell (optional) 8. Group name (optional) 9. Domain name (optional) 10. System account name (optional) 11. System account directory (optional) 12. Mailbox path (optional) DEFAULT QUERY
SELECT password, username, userid, groupid, directory, realname, shell, groupname, domain, sys_username, sys_directory FROM accounts WHERE username=$account AND domain=$domain SEE ALSO
cvm-mysql(8), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-sql(7)