Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Testing success of AWK code in KSH script Post 302302265 by joeyg on Monday 30th of March 2009 01:48:35 PM
Old 03-30-2009
Hammer & Screwdriver

What about checking to see if "tmp_file.csv" was created?
Or, in alternate, if that file has a recent date/time stamp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script ksh/awk/grep

How can I extract the 9th line of a text file. thanks vm.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing ssh connection from KSH script

Hi. I have a kornshell script that runs on a daily basis as a cron job. Part of what the script does is copy the folder contents from another server to the current server (server where KSH script is running). I have a scp command, as follows: scp $REMOTE_HOST:$REMOTE_FILE_DIR/* $TMP_DIR ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmilks
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables to awk from ksh script

I'm trying to write a ksh script that uses awk, but I want to pass variables to awk. For example (not working): if ];then searchstr=$1 lsof -i | awk '{if($9~/SEARCHSTR/) print $2} SEARCHSTR=$searchstr' else echo "usage: $0 <search string>" fi I tried several options. Is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with simple awk/ksh script

I need help finding out why this script wont run. The chmod is okay, but i get an error saying that I need '&&' on line 5. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tefflox
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk in ksh shell script - help

Hello, Im a beginner. Im writing a ksh script with awk. Is it possible to assign the output of the awk to a shell variable? Like, shell_variable= awk '$1 == "shell" {abc= $2 }' /tmp/cust_det echo $shell_variable Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nic_writes
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with ksh/awk/sed script, random # of fields

Hello all, I'm working on an attendance callout script for a school district. I need to change our current layout for the vendor. Currently the data is in the form of: studentid,period,building, Heres a sample of some made up records: 500,1,30, 500,2,30, 500,3,30, 500,6,30,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop in awk script using ksh

Guys, I am new in awk , I face problem while i try to use for loop in awk, I am using ksh, i am trying to set a for loop which runs as man times as the records in a file , the for loop like for(a=1;a<=5;a++) is working in my awk script but the one i need is not working :wall: for example ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djahmed
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract record in shell script,so far using awk without success

hello, I require help in the following. There is a report similar to the ones shown here. I need to do couple of things 10/07 12:47 0003210042 R TENN ANVISER0 DELF96A.V1.O.TENRREG 120710 124657 U 00000 DELFOR 1 4331 10/07 12:47 0003210043 S TENN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue expanding variables in ksh script

Hi Guys, I have an issue with awk and variables. I have trawled the internet and forums but can't seem to get the exactt syntax I need. I have tried using awk -v and all sorts of variations but I have hit a brick wall. I have spent a full day on this and am just going round in circles. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed commands success / fail from commandline vs ksh script

solaris 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 I need a sed command that tests true when presented with lines that contain either forward and backslash. input file: c:/myFile.txt c:\yourFile.txt It doesn't appear that sed (in my environment anyway) supports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msutfin
4 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 21 August 2010 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)