Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to access 3500 FC array. Where is the problem?.. Post 302302264 by Sapfeer on Monday 30th of March 2009 01:46:13 PM
Old 03-30-2009
What SAN if I didn't configured it? Maybe I should?.. Tomorrow I'll be onsite and collect as much information as I can...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 8 and have also installed veritas 4.0 on it. i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.... i have got to connect a laptop to the serial port of the server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access home area

Good morning, I have a solaris 8 machine (Sunblade 1000) that is configured with NIS, I have checked everything I can think of to make sure everything is correctly configured which it appears it is but when I try to log into CDE it says it is unable to access my home area and it also does the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access variable outside loop

I am unable to access the value set inside the loop from outside loop . Thought of taking this to forum , I had seen other replies also , where a pipe takes the execution to another shell and mentioned thats the reason we do not get the variable outside loop . But I am getting an issue and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
1 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to access infodoc!!

Hi, I am refered to see Infodoc 80854. but I am not able to access from sun.com. Is there any precedure to view these?. Please guide me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to access TAR file

hi friends, I am using hp unix HP-UX B.11.11 .. Generally i do the compression to maintain the space availability . To compress the files first i used the TAR to collect all the files. it has done fine. when i am using command ls in the folder which has TAR file , it shows the TAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in access in array variables

hi all, its me again!!! i've requirement like this: i want to create a file & an array with its name having the filename as its substring. here is the test script!! #!/bin/bash touch $1 declare -a $1_rec; echo -n "$1_rec: " read $1_rec; echo $]; now see output: this is when i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
7 Replies

7. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem access array outside of loop in bash

Below is a test script I was trying to use so that I could understand why the logic was not working in a larger script. While accessing and printing array data inside the while loop, everything is fine. Outside the loop, i guess everything is null?? The for loop that is meant to cycle... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adlmostwanted
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Booting problem on Sun 3500 Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 5.2 installed . i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.i got a message Sync file system than restart some times showing ok... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: najeer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable To access array in awk

Hi, i have the following code in which i am passing array tldn in awk using -v option & despite of that condition is not getting matched,can somebody suggest how to handle shell arrays in awk tcount=(9875 9667) awk -F"\t" -v ltldn="${tldn}" 'NR==FNR {POSTPAIDMDNS=$2"|"$3;next} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-readahead-replay.service		       SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-readahead-replay.service, systemd-readahead-collect.service, systemd-readahead-done.service, systemd-readahead-done.timer, systemd- readahead - Disk read ahead logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-readahead-replay.service systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-done.service systemd-readahead-done.timer /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead/systemd-readahead [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [DIRECTORY | FILE] DESCRIPTION
systemd-readahead-collect.service is a service that collects disk usage patterns at boot time. systemd-readahead-replay.service is a service that replays this access data collected at the subsequent boot. Since disks tend to be magnitudes slower than RAM, this is intended to improve boot speeds by pre-loading early at boot all data on disk that is known to be read for the complete boot process. systemd-readahead-done.service is executed a short while after boot completed and signals systemd-readahead-collect.service to end data collection. On this signal, this service will then sort the collected disk accesses and store information about them in /.readahead. Normally, both systemd-readahead-collect.service and systemd-readahead-replay.service are activated at boot so that access patterns from the preceding boot are replayed and new data collected for the subsequent boot. However, on read-only media where the collected data cannot be stored, it might be a good idea to disable systemd-readahead-collect.service. On rotating media, when replaying disk accesses at early boot, systemd-readahead-replay.service will order read requests by their location on disk. On non-rotating media, they will be ordered by their original access timestamp. If the file system supports it, systemd-readahead-collect.service will also defragment and rearrange files on disk to optimize subsequent boot times. OPTIONS
systemd-readahead understands the following options: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --max-files= Maximum number of files to read ahead. Only valid for thes collect command. --file-size-max= Maximum size of files in bytes to read ahead. Only valid for the collect and replay commands. --timeout= Maximum time in microseconds to spend collecting data. Only valid for the collect command. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood by systemd-readahead: collect [DIRECTORY] Collect read-ahead data on early boot. When terminating, it will write out a pack file to the indicated directory containing the read-ahead data. replay [DIRECTORY] Perform read-ahead on the specified directory tree. analyze [FILE] Dumps the content of the read-ahead pack file to the terminal. For each file, the output lists approximately how much will be read ahead by the replay command. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)