Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: backupios
Operating Systems AIX backupios Post 302302262 by kah00na on Monday 30th of March 2009 01:39:58 PM
Old 03-30-2009
Optical Library

I have about 8 gig of CD images (.iso files) in my /var/vio/VMLibrary that I do not want going to into the backupios backup. I save the backup on my NIM server and now this VIO server's backup is WAY bigger than my others.

I want..nay "need"... to exclude the /var/vio/VMLibrary from the backupios command. I have all the physical media so I'm not worried about losing the .iso images.

How would I go about getting /var/vio/VMLibrary to be excluded from the backupios backup?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backupios Failing

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve the below backup (backupios) issue on my VIO. My VIO is a SAN booted from EMC and powerpath has been installed on this. We already run pprootdev fix and linked the /dev/ipldevice to rootvg hdisk. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazar_KA
2 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)