Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignite - make_net_recovery
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite - make_net_recovery Post 302302247 by simpsop on Monday 30th of March 2009 12:55:51 PM
Old 03-30-2009
MySQL Set up a Boot Helper

The easiest method to ensuring you can boot & install your net_recovery image from an Ignite server on a different subnet is to set up a boot helper on the subnet your client system is on & point it to your Ignite server.

Instructions here: Setting Up the Boot-Helper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

make_sys_image + Ignite problem

could any one help me I have a HP UX 11.0 with a lot of VG and disks connected to SAN. I need to create a Golden Image having only the vg00 of this system. How do i do this using make_sys_image? In case any have some docs, I would appreciate if You could share it. Thanks Dhanish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All, I need to bring down our old 9000 series d350, but my supervisor wants an ignite backup created. I cannot find ignite in the usual places (/opt/ignite) nor can I find it in swlist. As far as I can tell the cd's are long gone. Is there anywhere else I could look for ignite being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

7. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error with ignite

Works all. Depot shared via nfs dhcp working setting file system,network,root password,etc But when i start "go!" with installation,give me this error. How to fix,debug? Thanks http://s24.postimg.org/5hzbgk551/unixbell3.png (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies
BINKD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  BINKD(8)

NAME
binkd - transfer files between two Fidonet systems over TCP/IP SYNOPSIS
binkd [-CcDipqrsvmh] [ -P node ] config-file DESCRIPTION
Binkd is a Fidonet mailer designed to operate via TCP/IP networks. As a FTN-compatible internet daemon, it makes possible efficient uti- lization of TCP/IP protocol suite as a transport layer in FTN-based (Fido Technology Network) networks. Binkd expects your spool for Fido-like networks to be in BSO ("Bink style outbound") or optionaly ASO ("Amiga style outbound") format. BSO is also used by ifmail and BinkleyTerm mailers. OPTIONS
-C Binkd running with this option will reread the configuration file if it is changed. The modification time of the configuration file is checked every 60 seconds and on every incoming and outgoing connection. -c Start client only. Normally Binkd starts both server and client. -D Run Binkd as a daemon (cannot be used for client-only mode). -i Run Binkd from inetd. -P Poll a node. An empty *.ilo file in the outbound will be created, which will force Binkd to connect to and to receive mail from the node ( Binkd will also add "Node node * -" record to the table-of-nodes in Binkd 's memory if there is no entry for the node in the configuration file). -p Start client manager, process polls, quit if the queue seems to be empty after the next rescan. Implies -c. -q Quiet mode. Turns off printq, conlog and percents statements of configuration. -r Disable crypt traffic. -s Start server only. Normally Binkd starts both server and client. -v Be verbose. This flag can be specified multiple times for even higher verbosity. Binkd -v will dump binkd's version and quit. Binkd -vvv binkd.cfg will dump binkd's configuration and still work. -m Disable CRAM-MD5 authorization. Implies -r. -n doing not call or listen (only check cfg and make polls) -h Print help message. SIGNALS
SIGHUP Causes Binkd to reload it's config. SEE ALSO
inetd(8) Binkd homepage, http://homepage.corbina.net/~maloff/binkd/ ftp://happy.kiev.ua/pub/fidosoft/mailer/binkd/ "Binkd User Guide" by Nick Soveiko, http://www.doe.carleton.ca/~nsoveiko/fido/binkd/man/ AUTHORS
Dima Maloff <maloff@tts.magadan.su> and others. This manual page is based on "Binkd User Guide" by nsoveiko@doe.carleton.ca (Nick Soveiko) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <binkd-bugs@happy.kiev.ua> 2 Oct 2008 BINKD(8)