Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rcp problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rcp problem Post 302302195 by zaxxon on Monday 30th of March 2009 10:10:49 AM
Old 03-30-2009
Maybe try following syntax:
Code:
rcp root@132.196.133.185:/test.output ./kalle

Also if possible it might be better to set up ssh/scp since it's communication is encrypted/key based.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

About rcp at Windows NT OS.

Now I want to copy a directry from Sco Unix at Windows NT 4.0 with Sp6. But I always meet the Permision Refuse error. I need your help. GOD Thank you very much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livic
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

4. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regd: rcp

Hi, The B machine is using rcp method to copy a file to A machine. But it is not getting copied. Its giving the error as: remshd: Login incorrect. On A machine rhosts file has details about the B machine. Could anyone tell what could be done to make this work? Any help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp the file

Hi I am using rcp command to copy the file one linux to other linux machine I need the ouput log for this like 1 file coied size of the file date stamp my copy comman is rcp 10.100.11.2:/u01/pr/uni.txt /u05/ryd/uni.txt once this script run i need to capture the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

9. Solaris

problem with RCP

hi everybody , i have a problem with rcp between too hosts : when i do : host 1(root) :# rcp file1 host2:/target2 or : host2 (root):#rcp file2 host1:/target1 i have the following message : permission denied I made the following changes, but the problem still persists : I added the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies