Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX disk space shortage, how to migrate to LVM? Post 302302178 by rrlog on Monday 30th of March 2009 09:33:55 AM
Old 03-30-2009
Hello michael,

Did you checked free space available in in the vg?

"lsvg rootvg" and check for free PPs....
If free PPs are available you can extend those Filesystems online...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrate VxVM boot disks to higher capacity disk

Hi, Im getting a downtime of 4 hrs to do porting of bootdisks. Currently, the system is running on Sf4800. 2 internal disk 36G connected to a SE3510 storage. We're getting 72G disks and we want to restore the OS from the current 36G to the 72G disk. System is under veritas volume manager ctrl.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

3. AIX

Disk I/O Issue using LVM

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Migrate from Single Disk to Many? (RHEL 4.6)

I have a Red Hat Enterprise 4.6 virtual server built on 1 virtual disk running Oracle Applications on VMware ESX 3.5; the performance of the virtual server is not good because of IO bottlenecks. The ESX server is reporting minimal load, it's the virtual server which is struggling with disk IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: home4ktt
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX LVM migrate lp

Hi, I have questions about unix AIX's lvm. Is there some problem to do migrate lp into a mirrored vg or should i break the mirror before? Is necessary to run reorgvg after I migrate lp ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfastar
1 Replies

6. BSD

Migrate a Hard Disk

hi Has anyone already tried to migrate a hard disk with FreeBSD using recoverdisk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

8. Linux

How to migrate a running lvm.?

Hi all, Please explain how do i. Migrate and backup a running lvm..!! Thanks, Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordkizzo
3 Replies
MALLOC_TRIM(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    MALLOC_TRIM(3)

NAME
malloc_trim - release free memory from the top of the heap SYNOPSIS
#include <malloc.h> int malloc_trim(size_t pad); DESCRIPTION
The malloc_trim() function attempts to release free memory at the top of the heap (by calling sbrk(2) with a suitable argument). The pad argument specifies the amount of free space to leave untrimmed at the top of the heap. If this argument is 0, only the minimum amount of memory is maintained at the top of the heap (i.e., one page or less). A nonzero argument can be used to maintain some trailing space at the top of the heap in order to allow future allocations to be made without having to extend the heap with sbrk(2). RETURN VALUE
The malloc_trim() function returns 1 if memory was actually released back to the system, or 0 if it was not possible to release any memory. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +--------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +--------------+---------------+---------+ |malloc_trim() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +--------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. NOTES
This function is automatically called by free(3) in certain circumstances; see the discussion of M_TOP_PAD and M_TRIM_THRESHOLD in mal- lopt(3). This function cannot release free memory located at places other than the top of the heap. This function releases only memory in the main arena. SEE ALSO
sbrk(2), malloc(3), mallopt(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 MALLOC_TRIM(3)