Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Completing Command Entry without Typing Post 302302086 by jisha on Monday 30th of March 2009 03:55:03 AM
Old 03-30-2009
CPU & Memory Completing Command Entry without Typing

Hi,

In my UNIX (KSH) sytem, in order to Complete Command Entry without Typing the whole path or name, I have to use ESC+\ where as I am used to press TAB key to do the same. Can anyone tell me where we need to change the settings of the keyboard combination so that when I press TAB key the file name is displayed??

Example as how it works now:
>ls
>file.txt apple.txt
>view app[ESC pressed then "\" pressed]
>> view apple.txt

Example as how i need it to work
>ls
>file.txt apple.txt
>view app[TAB key pressed]
>> view apple.txt

Regards
JS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different in typing command and using shell script

Wondering why belows code works fine if i type in the command prompt but it seems not executed when i code them in a file with additional if-then-else statement. #!/bin/sh . $HOME/.profile pid=`ps -ef | grep -w XELstnr | grep -v grep | awk {'print $2'}` if then echo "Stopping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Draculla
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh + completing a sub-directory entry

As part of a script Im designing, I am required to allow the command line to finish off part of a series of sub-directory entries. Basically what I want to do is cp /root/parent/part of subs name + other part of subs name/file /other_root/other_parent/other_sub/file without facing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to select last 7 days entry from SULOG or LAST command

Hi All, I need to get last 7 days log entries from sulog. The same has to be done for the last command. for ex: when i search for a user "abc" in sulog, i only want to check his entries for the last 1 week. The same has to be done for last command. Can anyone suggest some tips. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: navdeepan
0 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help completing lab.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: ''you are missing the /home/smichaels/Labs/lab2b/group file, please create it as per step 12 of the lab. once... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ink
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat a command on linux without typing

Hi, I would like to run the clear command, for every 10 times I hit the enter button. Is there a way to track the number of times the enter button is hit and run the clear command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List 2nd column entry from a command

How can i retrieve 2nd column only from output of "ls - l " as my output. pls help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process to read a new file entry and execute a command

I need to develop a process/daemon which will constantly monitor a file for new entry and execute a command. for eg, there is a file /var/log/inotify.log When a new entry like below gets appeneded to this file, execute the command as follows. /home/user/public_html/bad.php|CREATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to add a new column entry

My input file looks like this 12 3 5.122.281.413 172.31.15.220 3421 4133 2 2 1454 3421 4133 2 2 0 12 44036 214.215.52.146 90.123.245.211 2312 3911 4 4 521 2312 3911 4 4 1 14 504 6.254.324.219 192.61.27.120 4444 5611 7 5 1415 4444 5611 7 5 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampitosh
2 Replies
__gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type__gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >(3)

NAME
__gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > - SYNOPSIS
Inherits __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >. Public Types typedef base_type::const_pointer const_pointer typedef base_type::const_reference const_reference typedef _Alloc::difference_type difference_type typedef std::forward_iterator_tag iterator_category typedef base_type::pointer pointer typedef base_type::reference reference typedef base_type::value_type value_type Public Member Functions binary_heap_const_iterator_ (entry_pointer p_e) binary_heap_const_iterator_ () binary_heap_const_iterator_ (const binary_heap_const_iterator_ &other) bool operator!= (const binary_heap_const_iterator_ &other) const bool operator!= (const binary_heap_point_const_iterator_ &other) const const_reference operator* () const binary_heap_const_iterator_ & operator++ () binary_heap_const_iterator_ operator++ (int) const_pointer operator-> () const bool operator== (const binary_heap_const_iterator_ &other) const bool operator== (const binary_heap_point_const_iterator_ &other) const Public Attributes entry_pointer m_p_e Detailed Description template<typename Value_Type, typename Entry, bool Simple, typename _Alloc>class __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > Const point-type iterator. Definition at line 60 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. Member Typedef Documentation template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef base_type::const_pointer __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::const_pointer Iterator's const pointer type. Definition at line 80 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef base_type::const_reference __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::const_reference Iterator's const reference type. Definition at line 86 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef _Alloc::difference_type __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::difference_type Difference type. Definition at line 71 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef std::forward_iterator_tag __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::iterator_category Category. Definition at line 68 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef base_type::pointer __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::pointer Iterator's pointer type. Definition at line 77 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef base_type::reference __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::reference Iterator's reference type. Definition at line 83 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > typedef base_type::value_type __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::value_type Iterator's value type. Definition at line 74 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::binary_heap_const_iterator_ () [inline] Default constructor. Definition at line 94 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::binary_heap_const_iterator_ (const binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > &other) [inline] Copy constructor. Definition at line 99 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. Member Function Documentation template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > bool __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::operator!= (const binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > &other) const [inline] Compares content (negatively) to a different iterator object. Definition at line 110 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > bool __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::operator!= (const binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > &other) const [inline], [inherited] Compares content (negatively) to a different iterator object. Definition at line 126 of file binary_heap_/point_const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > const_reference __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::operator* () const [inline], [inherited] Access. Definition at line 113 of file binary_heap_/point_const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > const_pointer __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::operator-> () const [inline], [inherited] Access. Definition at line 105 of file binary_heap_/point_const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > bool __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::operator== (const binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > &other) const [inline] Compares content to a different iterator object. Definition at line 105 of file binary_heap_/const_iterator.hpp. template<typename Value_Type , typename Entry , bool Simple, typename _Alloc > bool __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >::operator== (const binary_heap_point_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc > &other) const [inline], [inherited] Compares content to a different iterator object. Definition at line 121 of file binary_heap_/point_const_iterator.hpp. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ __gnu_pbds::detail::binary_heap_const_iterator_< Value_Type, Entry, Simple, _Alloc >(3)