Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding Authors in Common Across Dozens of Lists Post 302302012 by methyl on Sunday 29th of March 2009 07:08:44 PM
Old 03-29-2009
... and your Operating System and preferred Shell.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the most common entry in a column

Hi, I have a file with 3 columns in it that are comma separated and it has about 5000 lines. What I want to do is find the most common value in column 3 using awk or a shell script or whatever works! I'm totally stuck on how to do this. e.g. value1,value2,bob value1,value2,bob... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding longest common substring among filenames

I will be performing a task on several directories, each containing a large number of files (2500+) that follow a regular naming convention: YYYY_MM_DD_XX.foo_bar.A.B.some_different_stuff.EXT What I would like to do is automatically discover the part of the filenames that are common to all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmcnorgan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding common numbers (contents) across 2 or 3 files

I have 3 files which are tab delimited and have numbers in it. file 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 File 2 3 5 7 8 File 3 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the lists

I expert, I may cross post something similar but I dirtyed my quesion somehow to be clear in the thread #cat file1 88dee gcc: Grok for callconvention-hard to enable hard float a2ad2 eglibc: package mtrace separately 61487 python: bump PR of packages after update of distutils.bbclass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the common lines in two files using 4 fields with the help of awk and UNIX

Dear All, I have 2 files. If field 1, 2, 4 and 5 matches in both file1 and file2, I want to print the whole line of file1 and file2 one after another in my output file. File1: sc2/80 20 . A T 86 F=5;U=4 sc2/60 55 . G T ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding most common substrings

Hello, I would like to know what is the three most abundant substrings of length 6 from col2. The file is quite large and looks like this col1 col2 EN03 typehellobyedogcatcatdog EN09 typehellobyebyebyebye EN08 dogcatcatdogbyebyebyebye EN09 catcattypehellobyebyebyebye... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding common entries between 10 columns

Hello, I need to find the intersection across 10 columns. Kindly help. my file (INPUT.csv) looks like this 4_R 4_S 8_R 8_S 12_R 12_S 24_R 24_S LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os04g48290 LOC_Os01g01010 LOC_Os01g01010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3)