Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet in Redhat 5 update 3
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat telnet in Redhat 5 update 3 Post 302301979 by gunnervarma on Sunday 29th of March 2009 04:04:03 PM
Old 03-29-2009
telnet in Redhat 5 update 3

how to restart the telnet daemon in Redhat 5 Update 3. I am not able to find the path

/etc/init.d/xinetd restart
/etc/init.d/inetd restart

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Telnet in redhat linux

Hi, I just want to access linux machine from windows telnet client.What is the procedure?How do i start telnet server in Linux,where to check if it is installed. Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishn
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

telnet idle timeout on Redhat kernel 2.4.35.4

Hello, I've searched this forum for telnet idle timeout problem. I tried to set timeout parameters in /etc/profile readonly TMOUT=10 export TMOUT This doesn't work for Redhat kernel 2.4.35.4. It's really frustrating. Can anybody tell me what else I could try? Thanks a lot! jing (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jing han
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Redhat Linux AS2.1 update 6

Hi, Please help to find Redhat Linux AS2.1 update 6 iso file. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luyan10
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Redhat update

Hi Friends, I am very new to the redhat subscription. So that i am having lot of doubts. Please help me. 1. As per my understandings we need to register and pay for each rhel server to get update and support from redhat. Can we have a local yum repository where we can download the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Python 2.6 on redhat 5 (update 8)

Hi, I would like to know wheather it is possible to install python 2.6 on RedHat Ent Linux 5 (update8) using rpms? I have checked by default Python 2.4 is installed. or wheather Redhat 6.0 needs to be installed for python 2.6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restarExecutable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmsetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdmconfig(1m) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)