Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validating that the NIS and NIS+ services are disabled Post 302301974 by sport on Sunday 29th of March 2009 03:24:16 PM
Old 03-29-2009
Actually I am, in this case, just looking to validate the services state.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS

Hello anyone... I am new to UNIX and I recently bought a Sparc 10 to play around with. Well, last night I executed something called EasyInstall in my /usr/etc/install directory and I selected to "Use NIS". Now when my system boots up it is looking for a NIS server to connect to and keep trying(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris NIS+ and RedHat NIS+

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I would like to know if Redhat running NIS ( not NIS +) would have conflict with Solaris running NIS+. Currently I am running NIS+ on Solaris but will be adding RedHat to the network. I seem to be unable to find and information regarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

differences nis nis+

Hello together. Is there someone who is able to explain me the differences between NIS and NIS+. thanks in advance joerg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS map mail.aliases specified, but NIS not running

Hi all, I just took over the admin role from someone and I wanna setup sendmail (just to send mail from the host) however, after I config all the resolv.conf, nssitch.conf, hosts file and when I try to send a mail out, after I punched ctl-D, it returned he following, "NIS map mail.aliases... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUSE 9 and 10 NIS clients with RedHat 8.0 NIS server not working

We have a RedHat 8.0 NIS master, with a RedHat 8.0 NIS Slave. We also have a small number of SUSE 9.1 and SUSE 10 machines here for evaluation. However, no matter what i do, the SUSE machines will not talk to the NIS Servers. If i broadcast for NIS Servers for the specified NIS domain, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
1 Replies

6. Solaris

nis

i want to dedicate my nis client system to some perticler group users. how can it possible on solaris. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to configure a NIS client bound to the NIS server in another subnet?

Hi, all. I have a Solaris client here needs to bind to NIS server in another subnet. Following is the configuration i made on the client, 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts to add an entry of the NIS server -- nserver01 2) execute `domainname` to set local NIS domain to the domain of the NIS server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sn_wukong
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

nfs/nis - microsoft services for UNIX adminstration

hello, I am using "microsoft services for UNIX adminstration" as an nfs/nis client in order to connect to a remote NFS folder with NIS authentication nfs mount seems to fail on the authentication stage. I get the login box from the client, but any (NIS mapped) loging seems to reject me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynoatan99
2 Replies

9. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies
mdoc-validate(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mdoc-validate(1)

NAME
mdoc validate - Validate XML documents against a schema SYNOPSIS
mdoc validate [OPTIONS]* PATHS+ DESCRIPTION
mdoc validate validates the specified PATHS against a specified format schema. OPTIONS
--format=FORMAT The documentation format to validate PATHS against. Supported formats include: ecma. See the FORMATS section below for more information about these formats. The default format (if none is specified) is ecma. -h, -?, --help Display a help message and exit. FORMATS
The following documentation formats are supported: ecma The Mono ECMA Documentation Format validates all output generated by mdoc-update(1) against an XML schema, including the index.xml, ns-*.xml, and NamespaceName/TypeName.xml files. See mdoc(5) for details about this file format. EXAMPLES
To validate the mdoc-update(1) output stored within a directory (and all documentation within that directory, recursively), use: mdoc validate /path/to/ecma/docs MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-docs-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit http://www.mono-project.com/mdoc for details mdoc-validate(1)