Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Use Your Mobile Phone to Access the Internet? Post 302301961 by Yogesh Sawant on Sunday 29th of March 2009 01:54:44 PM
Old 03-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmadhan
This is one thing that the whole world is admiring Nokia about.

This is from my experience.

I dropped my Nokia phone in water ( rain water storage ) which is atleast 2 feets depth unknowingly. Then I asked my friend to give call to my mobile continuously after half an hour 'search' I was able to spot it out. My goodness it was still ringing.

Disassembled it, dried it in sunlight and in another 15 minutes started working again. Wow ! Wow !

I was surprised and astonished like anything and I was praising the whole Nokia team like anything ...

Nothing off topic or anything .. just wanted to share this ...

Smilie
well, i have dropped my Sony Ericsson Z550i countless times in the last three years, once from third floor in my office - it came tumbling down to ground floor. it was switched off in the process, and started working when i switched it on

i guess if your cellphone has a metal casing and is a sturdy model, it has better chances of surving free falls etc.

edit: pardon me for the off topic post, and let's not start a nokia vs sony ericsson war Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to forward email to mobile phone?

could anyone tell me how to forward ur email to mobile by writing a unix script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What Company Makes Your Mobile Phone?

Without getting into the exact models (which change all the time anyway), who makes your (primary) mobile phone? (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
35 Replies

5. IP Networking

I can't get the mobile Internet connection using a dongle.

Hi My computer is a 64 bit one and it has AMD processor. I installed Fedora Core and tried in vain to configure the dongle given by 3. I mean to get mobile internet to my desktop computer. I bought the dongle from 3. I know the company 3 is in many European countries. I downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
0 Replies
vodovod(6)							       Games								vodovod(6)

NAME
vodovod - lead the water from the house to the storage tank SYNOPSIS
vodovod DESCRIPTION
Vodovod is a free game, released under GNU GPL license. Graphics and programming are done by Milan Babuskov. This is an over-weekend project for now, so don't expect miracles. However, game is completely playable. The goal of the game is to reach the highest possible score. You get a limited number of pipes on each level and need to combine them to lead the water from the house at the top of the screen to the storage tank at the bottom. For each pipe water goes through, you get 20 points and if you fill the cross-pipe both ways, you get 60 points. At end of each level, you are awarded depending on the skill level: * Beginner: 100 points * Toolman: 100 points + number of pipes remaining * Master plumber: 100 points + 2 x number of pipes remaining Some of the levels have obstacles where you cannot place pipes, checkpoints through which the water must go and holes in the ground that slow the flow. Select HELP from the main menu to get more info. The game is playable with joystick/joypad: just move it and press buttons when you go to Options -> Configure controls USAGE
The goal of the game is to use pipes to connect the house at the top of the screen with the tank at the bottom. You have time to construct the initial pipeline before the man enters the house. For each level you get a limited number of pipes, so use them wisely. If you make a mistake, you can place another pipe over it. There are certain special blocks in the map: * Blocked Area - You cannot place pipes on these fields. * Checkpoint - Your pipeline must go through this field. * Hole in the ground - Slows down the flow. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://home.gna.org/vodovod/ May 2007 vodovod(6)