Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Use Your Mobile Phone to Access the Internet? Post 302301928 by cbkihong on Sunday 29th of March 2009 09:25:25 AM
Old 03-29-2009
Interesting.

I did once thought about getting a smartphone some months ago. I was neither thinking about working nor surfing on the road. Rather, I have bought some ebooks (PDF) in the past that I appreciate a handy reader so that I can read on the road. However, even the model with the largest screen (3.8" is the largest I know of - a bit larger than iphone 3G) still would not allow optimal viewing of conventional A4-sized PDF pages, and so did not justify the ~USD$900 price tag for me. So I dropped the idea.

Probably a netbook is more suitable for me. My laptop is simply too big to carry everywhere. Except missing cellular phone functionality, I think netbook is more "malleable" especially when WIFI and GPRS modules are now builtin in newer models.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to forward email to mobile phone?

could anyone tell me how to forward ur email to mobile by writing a unix script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi, I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection. I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard). The Wireless Telephone Specs are: TATA Indicom Walky. Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have given it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priteshugrankar
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What Company Makes Your Mobile Phone?

Without getting into the exact models (which change all the time anyway), who makes your (primary) mobile phone? (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
35 Replies

5. IP Networking

I can't get the mobile Internet connection using a dongle.

Hi My computer is a 64 bit one and it has AMD processor. I installed Fedora Core and tried in vain to configure the dongle given by 3. I mean to get mobile internet to my desktop computer. I bought the dongle from 3. I know the company 3 is in many European countries. I downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
0 Replies
wammu(1)						      General Commands Manual							  wammu(1)

NAME
wammu - program for managing entries in your mobile phone SYNOPSIS
wammu [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the wammu program. This program is graphical interface for gammu. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. -l, --local-locales Use locales from current directory rather than system ones. This is mostly useful for development or when running from unpacked tar- ball without installation. -i, --info Prints connection settings and tries to connect the phone and display some basic information about it. This does not use GUI. -d, --debug Enables printing of debug information to stderr. Work for both GUI and --info. LICENSE
This program is licensed under GNU/GPL version 2. REPORTING BUGS
There are definitely many bugs, reporting to author is welcome. Please include some useful information when sending bug reports (eg. excep- tion you received and debug output). Please submit your reports to <http://bugs.wammu.eu/>. SEE ALSO
More information is available on program website: <http://wammu.eu/>. gammu(1) wammu-configure(1) AUTHOR
Michal Cihar <michal@cihar.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 - 2008 Michal Cihar <michal@cihar.com> Mobile phone manager 2005-01-24 wammu(1)