Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting guarantee to start before restart... Post 302301894 by malcomex999 on Sunday 29th of March 2009 04:02:38 AM
Old 03-29-2009
OK..can any one tell me what start up files i have got to check though it could be manually?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup?

hi all How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup in fedora? something like: ... Establish a shell then run some of command code. Thanks for Help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
1 Replies

2. Programming

does snprintf guarantee null termination?

Hi All, I was reading the man page of snprintf function and it saids that snprintf adds a null terminator at the end of the string, but I remember once someone told me that snprintf doesn't guarantee the insertion of a null terminator character. What do you think? Does anyone have experience... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to start/stop/restart NFS on AIX

Hi, Very new to aix How to start/stop/restart NFS on AIX thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Log 'syslog start/stop/restart' messages

How can I tell my syslog.conf to log "syslog start/stop/restart" messages on a Solaris box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Stop Restart

I'm wondering how I should make a script that can start, stop, and restart another script. What I need to be able to do, is start and stop a perl script from the command line. The easiest way of doing this seems to be to have another script, starting and stopping the other script. I have BASH,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bakes
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help scripting to start, check, and restart processes

Here it goes from my unexperienced point of view. I am using CentOS 5.6. I have a Java based server that needs to be running 24/7/365. To begin from the machine the server is on rebooting; I SSH in to a shell, cd to the server dir, screen -S server1, and execute ./exec (listed below) in the screen.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacG32
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the status of, automount(8), running or not. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). autofs_ldap_auth.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)