Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed/awk script selective insert between lines Post 302301888 by chihung on Sunday 29th of March 2009 03:15:23 AM
Old 03-29-2009
Please provide sample input and expected output. The sample input should cover all cases

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed insert and Change lines help needed

Hi, How can i use insert and change command in ksh shell. I am using : sed -e '1i\TEXTTOBEINSERTED\' FILENAME But there is no effect... Also sed -e 'c\thisischange\' Filename Please Explain how to proceed?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JunkYardWars
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to insert multiple lines before pattern

I'm attempting to insert multiple lines before a line matching a given search pattern. These lines are generated in a separate function and can either be piped in as stdout or read from a temporary file. I've been able to insert the lines from a file after the pattern using: sed -i '/pattern/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zksailor534
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert two lines

I have done this sed command to insert one line after a specific string is found: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string' file1 But how do I insert two lines? This is not possible: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string \a new line string 2' file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert few lines above a match using sed, and within a perl file.

Greetings all, I am trying to match a string, and after that insert a few lines above that match. The string is "Version 1.0.0". I need to insert a few lines ONLY above the first match (there are many Version numbers in the file). The rest of the matches must be ignored. The lines I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagaraj s
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text 2 lines above pattern

Hi I am trying to insert a block of text 2 lines above a pattern match using sed eg #Start of file entry { } #End of file entry new bit of text has to be put in just above the } eg #Start of file entry { New bit of text } #End of file entry (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command to Insert a line before the last four lines of the file

By using sed command, How to insert a new line before the last four lines of the file. Old Line Old Line NEW LINE! Old Line Old Line Old Line Old Line (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wridler
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed; insert text two lines above match

Hi! Considering below text, how would I use sed to insert text right below the v0005-line, using the SEPARATOR-line as a pattern to search for, so two lines above the separator? I can do it right above the separator, but not 2 lines... # v0004 - Some text # v0005 - More text #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text between lines

Hello, I am trying to insert a section of text between lines in another text file. The new lines to be inserted are: abcd.efgh.zzzz=blah abcd.efgh.xxxx=blah Where N = 0 to 2 Original File: abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsu3000
3 Replies
GLGETMULTISAMPLEFV(3G)						    OpenGL 3.3						    GLGETMULTISAMPLEFV(3G)

NAME
glGetMultisamplefv - retrieve the location of a sample C SPECIFICATION
void glGetMultisamplefv(GLenum pname, GLuint index, GLfloat *val); PARAMETERS
pname Specifies the sample parameter name. pname must be GL_SAMPLE_POSITION. index Specifies the index of the sample whose position to query. val Specifies the address of an array to receive the position of the sample. DESCRIPTION
glGetMultisamplefv queries the location of a given sample. pname specifies the sample parameter to retrieve and must be GL_SAMPLE_POSITION. index corresponds to the sample for which the location should be returned. The sample location is returned as two floating-point values in val[0] and val[1], each between 0 and 1, corresponding to the x and y locations respectively in the GL pixel space of that sample. (0.5, 0.5) this corresponds to the pixel center. index must be between zero and the value of GL_SAMPLES - 1. If the multisample mode does not have fixed sample locations, the returned values may only reflect the locations of samples within some pixels. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not one GL_SAMPLE_POSITION. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if index is greater than or equal to the value of GL_SAMPLES. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLGETMULTISAMPLEFV(3G)