Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to delete older versions of unique files Post 302301856 by Franklin52 on Saturday 28th of March 2009 05:57:45 PM
Old 03-28-2009
Try this:

Code:
ls -lt | awk '/^d/{split($8,f,"_");a[f[1]]++}a[f[1]] > 2{system("ls -l "$8)}'

If the command outputs the directories you want to remove, replace ls -l with rm -r:

Code:
ls -lt | awk '/^d/{split($8,f,"_");a[f[1]]++}a[f[1]] > 2{system("rm -r "$8)}'

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 2 days using shell script in Unix

I'm new to shell script.... can any one help... What is the shell script to delete the files older than 2 days ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to delete previous versions of files

Hi. I need a script (either bash or perl) that can delete previous versions of files. For instance, from our continuous build process I get directories such as build5_dev_1.21 build5_dev_1.22 build5_dev_1.23 build5_dev_1.24 I need a script that I can run every night (using "at"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for delete tmp files older than 15 days and owned by "xxx" id

Hi All , I want to delete files from /tmp directory created by "xxxx" id. because i got the list says more than 60 thousand files were created by "xxxx" id since 2002. The /tmp directory has lot of files created by different user ids like root,system etc.. But, i need a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than today

is it -mtime +1 as i need all files older than today to be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files in a folder older than 2 days

hi i need a script to delete the files older than 2 days... if my input is say in a folder versions A_14122012.txt A_15122012.txt A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt i want my output to be A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt thanks in advance hemanth saikumar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete all the files older than a date?

Hi, I need a command for deleting all the compress files *.Z that are older than the current date - 5 days. Basically I have a directory where daily I meet some back up files and I want to remove automatically the ones 5 days (or more) older than the current date. How can I write a 'rm' command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Francy
1 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)