Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting up IPMP
Operating Systems Solaris setting up IPMP Post 302301840 by quan0509 on Saturday 28th of March 2009 04:17:46 PM
Old 03-28-2009
you need at least one IP for test purpose. two IPs is not enough for failover.

Regard;

So you can see my example.

I have two Interfaces need to config.

e1000g0
e1000g1
I have 3 IP address for IPMP.

So you can see my information in /etc/hosts

10.151.9.34 fis-srv-center loghost
10.151.9.37 fis-srv-center-e1000g1
10.151.9.36 fis-srv-center-e1000g0

Okie, when you 've done in create hosts file. You need to create two others file.

(1)/etc/hostname.e1000g0 and
(2)/etc/hostname.e1000g1

in file (1) you type .

group ipmp-one up
addif fis-srv-center-e1000g0 deprecated netmask + broadcast + -failover up

in file (2) you type.

fis-srv-center netmask + broadcast + group ipmp-one up
addif fis-srv-center-e1000g1 deprecated netmask + broadcast + -failover up

and IPMP 's working now with failover.

Regards;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ipmp

Hi All, Kindly help me in configuring IPMP or guid me to some link, tried goggling however no luck. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP config

Hi All, I have unplumbed one interface. after that ifconfig -a shows that lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP questions

Probe-based IPMP active - active Probe-based IPMP active - passive Link-based only active -standby ???? What are differences between Probe-based IPMP active - passive anddd Link-based only active -standby ???!!! For example in active active probe-based IPMP there are lets... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samar
6 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Hi all, Currently i got a server which had two interface. I had study the <SystemAdministration Guide: IP> but still donno what is the correct step to configure it. Can u all help me on it? thanks # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Dear All, I have configured IPMP in one of my SUN machine which is having solros 9 version. I have updated all files like /etc/hosts,/etc/hostname.ce0 and /etc/hostname.ce1 and rebooted the server. But IP's are not mounted which i have given in /etc/hosts file. Please find the below ifconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

ipmp testing

Please tell me how to configure IPMP in vmware what is the basic working concept of IPMP. please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

IPMP problem

Hi all i had two interface ce0 and ce5 but when i run the ifconfig, it show me alot of extra virtual interface, may i know how to remove it? # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to perform IPMP

Hi, I have perform IPMP on server. but its showing following errors, root@DEVTEST10 # dladm show-dev ce0 link: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full ce1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full root@DEVTEST10 # root@DEVTEST10 # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849 mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger09
0 Replies
ifparse(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ifparse(1M)

NAME
ifparse - parse ifconfig command line SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ifparse [-fs] addr_family commands DESCRIPTION
Use the ifparse command to parse the ifconfig(1M) command line options and output substrings, one per line, as appropriate. If no options are specified, ifparse returns the entire ifconfig command line as a series of substrings, one per line. OPTIONS
The ifparse command supports the following options: -f Lists only substrings of the ifconfig command line that are relevant to IP network multipath failover -s Lists only substrings of the ifconfig command line that are not relevant to IP network multipath failover OPERANDS
The ifparse command does not support the interface operand of the ifconfig command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Parsing Command Line Options Relevant to Failover The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line options relevant to IP network multipath failover: example# ifparse -f inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up set 1.2.3.4 up Example 2: Parsing Command Line Options That Are Not Relevant to Failover The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line options that are not relevant to IP network multipath failover: example# ifparse -s inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up Example 3: Parsing the Command Line For All Options The following example shows the use of the ifparse command to parse the command line for all ifconfig options: example# ifparse inet 1.2.3.4 up group one addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up group one set 1.2.3.4 up addif 1.2.3.5 -failover up ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
usage: -fs <addr_family> <commands> This message indicates an invalid command line. ifparse: Not enough space This message indicates insufficient memory. ifparse: dhcp not supported for inet6 DHCP operations are not supported for the inet6 address family. ifparse: Operation <operation> not supported for <addr_family> Most operations cannot be used with all address families. For example, the broadcast operation is not supported on the inet6 address fam- ily. ifparse: no argument for <operation> Some operations, for example broadcast, require an argument. NOTES
The ifparse command is classified as an obsolete interface. It will likely be removed in a future release. You should not develop applica- tions that depend upon this interface. SunOS 5.10 9 May 2001 ifparse(1M)