Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup AIX to DVDs
Operating Systems AIX Backup AIX to DVDs Post 302301777 by aixn00b on Saturday 28th of March 2009 08:01:02 AM
Old 03-28-2009
Backup AIX to DVDs

Hello,

Is there a way to backup AIX to CD's?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Training Videos or DVDs Wanted

Can anybody recommend a good training dvd for AIX? I've seen some Linux ones, but that's it. Thanks!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: intuitive1
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX backup and restore

Hello, Some background so you can see what I'm trying to do on AIX: In Windows its possible to partition a single hard drive into 2 separate logical paritions which may appear as a C and a D drive. It is then possible to to use 3rd party software such as Power Quest Drive Image to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with AIX and backup command

:) Hi my name is Ricardo !!!! I am using backup command in order to backup a server which its running AIX operating system. But I want to backup more than one filesytem in my script, this script send my backup to /dev/rmt0 (tape drive). my trouble is that I donīt know how to tell my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickie
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup spanning multiple DVDs

Fedora Core 6 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 I have about 15 GB of data that I need to backup to Single-Layer DVDs. Is there a backup method that will allow me to backup spanning multiple DVDs? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

5. AIX

Aix backup error

Hi I am receiving the following backup error when using backup -0uf /dev/rmt0.1 for the file system backup: Backing up /dev/rfslv00 (/u04) to /dev/rmt0.1. backup: 0511-251 The file system is still mounted; data may not be consistent. Use the umount command to unmount the filesystem;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup on aix

Hello everyone I have a 3583 tape library on my Aix servers. (aix 5.3) Im install hypertape software for backup datebase, files, etc. I have a question. on my directory devices I have this rmt crw-rw-rwT 1 root system 42, 1 Jan 18 21:57 rmt1.1 crw-rw-rwT 1 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX script, help I'm just a backup!

Hello, I am trying to get the following Lawson command to work in an AIX script for a developer and I'm stumped, the Admin for this server is on vacation and I have very limited AIX scripting knowledge, I cannot seem to get this to work no matter what I try... lawcmp test900 ap HM500 This is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_aix
1 Replies

8. AIX

backup linux like aix

Hello everyone I need to backup some boxes with redhat enterprise for power. I was looking for software but I need to umount filesystems,etc,etc. I need a software that backup like I do with my aix boxes. mksysb command and thatīs it. Because I need to do online, with no umount fs. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

9. AIX

Backup software for AIX

Hello, Looking for some backup software for AIX , once tivoli is bit expensive , i'm searching for alternatives, do you guys have some experience with some other software? Cheers, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
6 Replies
BACKUP_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_HELP(8)

NAME
backup_help - Displays help for backup commands SYNOPSIS
backup help [-topic <help string>+] [-admin] [-help] backup h [-t <help string>+] [-a] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each operation code specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online help entry for every backup command. To list every backup command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the backup apropos command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string>+ Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the backup part of the command name, providing only the operation code (for example, specify dump, not backup dump). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every backup command. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The online help entry for each backup command consists of the following two or three lines: o The first line names the command and briefly describes its function. o The second line lists aliases for the command, if any. o The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document. EXAMPLES
The following example displays the online help entry for the backup dump command: % backup help dump backup dump: start dump Usage: backup dump -volumeset <volume set name> -dump <dump level name> [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-at <Date/time to start dump>+] [-append] [-n] [-file <load file>] [-help] PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_apropos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_HELP(8)