Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Metasync question?
Operating Systems Solaris Metasync question? Post 302301768 by TonyFullerMalv on Saturday 28th of March 2009 05:32:02 AM
Old 03-28-2009
I've seen this on older versions of Solstice Disksuite where one of the RC scripts had been disabled, so perhaps running:
Code:
# svcs -xv

to look for failed SMF services relating to SVM and run:
Code:
# svcs -a | grep -i svm

To see if they are all online (svm is a guess as I don't have a Sol 10 system with SVM on it to hand to check what the service is called.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

first question

Dears, Actually i am facing a problem in a UNIX script: I want to convert a column output file to a rows e.g: from 1234 2345 3456 to 1234 2345 3456 any help please???? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tontal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question

how do i write a script that'll open what i entered and scan it for a certain line of text. for example, i enter a filename (that exists) and in that file i want to scan a certain word that'll show how much of that word appears throughout the file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhenry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi question

hello! i am very new to this, so please bear with me. i used red hat linux to creat a little two page website for school, which was really just an exercise in absolute and relative paths. so, now, its all done, and i want to play with it some more, but i think there may be a problem with vi. i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojodancer
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

I need to write a script file that will tell me the largest number in a group of numbers. ANy help is greatly appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me these Question??

1. How the Unix system identify the Other User to access for file permission? 2. What command we use to convert the extension of a file name? 3. What command use to convert other editing file to Unix based text file? Please answer of these Question???Its necessary for me?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradipta_pks
3 Replies

7. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question

Hi, I'm new to unix and got struck here.Can any one help me out.My question is .. is the command if ; then echo "do some stuff" fi correct? Thanks in advance abhijeet (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls -l question

Hi, When doing ls -l, is it right to assume that all files with the date and time on it are files that are created/modified on the current year? Is there any way to display the creation/modified date of a file that are not created/modified in the current year? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies
metasync(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      metasync(1M)

NAME
metasync - handle metadevice resync during reboot SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metasync -h /usr/sbin/metasync [-s setname] [buffer_size] metadevice /usr/sbin/metasync [-s setname] -r [buffer_size] /usr/sbin/metasync -p metadevice DESCRIPTION
The metasync command starts a resync operation on the specified metadevice. All components that need to be resynced are resynced. If the system crashes during a RAID5 initialization, or during a RAID5 resync, either an initialization or resync restarts when the system reboots. Applications are free to access a metadevice at the same time that it is being resynced by metasync. Also, metasync performs the copy oper- ations from inside the kernel, which makes the utility more efficient. Use the -r option in boot scripts to resync all possible submirrors. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays usage message. -p metadevice Regenerates parity information for RAID5 metadevices. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metasync will work. Using the -s option will cause the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its function on local metadevices. -r Specifies that the metasync command handle special resync requirements during a system reboot. metasync -r should only be invoked from the svc:/system/mdmonitor service. The metasync command only resyncs those metadevices that need to be resynced. metasync schedules all the mirror resyncs according to their pass numbers. To override the default buffer_size value used by the svc:/system/mdmonitor service, you can edit /etc/system to specify: set md_mirror:md_resync_bufsz = 2048 so that resyncs occur as quickly as possible. OPERANDS
buffer_size Specifies the size (number of 512-byte disk blocks) of the internal copy buffer for the mirror resync. The size defaults to 128 512-byte disk blocks (64 Kbytes). It can be no more than 2048 blocks. For best performance (quick- est completion of the resync), 2048 blocks is the recommended size. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
The metasync service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/mdmonitor Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2004 metasync(1M)