Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Apply password in some command Post 302301655 by harpreetrekhi on Friday 27th of March 2009 02:26:08 PM
Old 03-27-2009
Lightbulb Apply password in some command

hello guys,
I need some command,script or anythng which will help me to prompt for a password if I give some common unix command. We need this command to restrict the access to few users only like for tip command. That wenever i give TIP command, it will ask for password and only autherized users can use this command..
Any workaround?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply Password to already Written XLS File.

I need to apply password protection to a xls file.I had looked at SpreadSheet::WriteExcel but problem being i dont want to write the contents of file again as the formatting the file would be a pain. Is there way in which i write a entire file in one go , something like this ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing password to a command

Hi all, I have the expect binaries in our boxes.. I want to pass a passwd to a command automatically without manual intervention using "/<path_of_expect>/expect/<version>/bin/autopasswd" The below command will ask passwd in my script cleartool rmtag -all <vob_tag> #Some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command with password

hi: how can i use ssh with password in the command line . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainboisterous
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply 'awk' to all files in a directory or individual files from a command line

Hi All, I am using the awk command to replace ',' by '\t' (tabs) in a csv file. I would like to apply this to all .csv files in a directory and create .txt files with the tabs. How would I do this in a script? I have the following script called "csvtabs": awk 'BEGIN { FS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading information from a table and apply a command on multiple files

Hey gyuz, I wanna calculate the number of mapped reads of a bam file in a region of interest. I used this code to do so : samtools view input.bam chrname:region1 > region1.txt This will store all the reads from given bam file within the region of interest in region1.txt Now I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Password for a command!

Team, Is there any ability to create a password for a one or specific set of command in Linux? I don't know if such scenario has been posted in before, but I really want to protect poweroff, reboot, init 0 and init 6 even from root user with a password. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply command to all files in folder

Hi all! I have this command grep -E '^\To: |^\Date: |^\Subject: ' fileA.txt > fileA_1.txt && grep -v '^\To: |^\Date: |^\Subject: ' fileA.txt >> fileA_1.txt && rm fileA.txt && sed -i -e 's/\(Date: \|Subject: \|To: \)//g' fileA_1.txtHow do I apply it to all the files in the folder (each file has a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I apply 'date' command to specific columns, in a BASH script?

Hi everyone, I have a situation in which I have multiple (3 at last count) date columns in a CSV file (, delim), which need to be changed from: January 1 2017 (note, no comma after day) to: YYYY-MM-DD So far, I am able to convert a date using: date --date="January 12, 1990" +%Y-%m-%d ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardsantink
7 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
tpm_clear(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      tpm_clear(8)

TPM Management - tpm_clear

NAME
tpm_clear - return the TPM to the default state (unowned, disabled, inactive) SYNOPSIS
tpm_clear [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
tpm_clear requests that the system's TPM perform a clear (via the TPM_OwnerClear API) wiping out all ownership information, in effect invalidaing all keys and data tied to the TPM, as well as disabling and deactivating the TPM. This operation will prompt for the owner password. The --force option relies on Phyiscal Presence to authorize the command (via the TPM_ForceClear API) skipping the owner password prompt. The TPM OwnerClear API can be disabled until the current owner is cleared, requiring use of the --force with tpm_setclearable command. The TPM_ForceClear API can be disabled for the current boot cycle with the tpm_setclearable command. This command requires a reboot to complete the operation. -h, --help Display command usage info. -v, --version Display command version info. -l, --log [none|error|info|debug] Set logging level. -u, --unicode Use TSS UNICODE encoding for passwords to comply with applications using TSS popup boxes -f, --force Rely on Physical Presence for authorization; therefore, do not prompt for owner password. -z, --well-known Authenticate using 20 bytes of zeros as owner password (the default TSS Well Known Secret), instead of prompting for an owner password. SEE ALSO
tpm_version(1), tpm_takeownership(8), tpm_setclearable(8), tpm_setactive(8), tpm_setenable(8), tcsd(8) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <trousers-users@lists.sourceforge.net> TPM Management 2005-05-05 tpm_clear(8)