Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail and SMS
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail and SMS Post 302301614 by rdhaprakasam on Friday 27th of March 2009 12:34:14 PM
Old 03-27-2009
Mail and SMS

Hi friends,
I have a question related to UNIX mail issue. Let me explain the scenario. I am working in HP UNIX system and we are having some shell scripts those are already scheduled. Whenever the scripts are failed to run. I got an auto generated mail from UNIX administrator. To read the mail I need to login to the UNIX system. No I want that I need to forward that mail to my webmail id and some intimation to my mobile as SMS about the mail. The mail server is already configured to the UNIX system. My question is,

[My major problem is, once if I logged in to the system, and then only I came to know that I got the mail .Due to this I need to monitoring the system in the regular basis[24*7] . It consuming huge time]

1. Is it possible to write the script for forwarding the mail and for sending SMS to intimate that i got the mail? Can anyone give me sample code for script file?

Please help me out................

Thanks in advance Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sms

Hi all !!! Is there a way to send sms to a mobile from unix. lets say when script ends. thanks alot !! udi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SMS from Perl?

What exactly does the SMS module do i Perl? Can you send free sms messages from Perl ???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. if possible post to (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sms using mailx

the mailx command can be used to send mails. can i use the mailx command for sending sms to my mobile number in india?? Is it possible? If yes how? If its not mailx then wht is the command for that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasduhan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SMS

Hi, Can any one tell me how to send SMS using Unix shell scripting. My scenario is whenever my count on particular tables exceeds beyond certain limit i need to trigger out an sms to the client. It could be better if there is no third party tools involved in it. Thanks in advance... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarojadevi
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with SMS script...

I use the SMS script on this page: http://www.prescriptionpc.com/TEST_newpage1.html#section=sms The “functions” work fine, but after clicking “submit” and receiving the “thank you” message, nothing happens. I find it odd that I can send a text message to myself choosing my carrier (Virgin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruce1969
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)