Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting the file based on logic Post 302301612 by dsdev_123 on Friday 27th of March 2009 12:30:40 PM
Old 03-27-2009
Yes

Thats right.Each invoice might contain 1 line 2 lines or 3 lines etc

If it contains 1 line it would be
4T999M000 001

if it contians 2 lines it would be

4T999M000 001
4T999M000 002

if it contians 3 lines it would be

4T999M000 001
4T999M000 002
4T999M000 003

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting files based on text in the file

I need to split a file based on certain context inside the file. Is there a unix command that can do this? I have looked into split and csplit but it does not seem like those would work because I need to split this file based on certain text. The file has multiple records and I need to split this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrix1067
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on number of rows

Hi, I'm, new to shell scripting, I have a requirement where I have to split an incoming file into separate files each containing a maximum of 3 million rows. For e.g: if my incoming file say In.txt has 8 mn rows then I need to create 3 files, in which two will 3 mn rows and one will contain 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic for file fetching based on date

Dear friends, I receive the following files into a FTP location on a daily basis -rw-r----- 1 guest ftp1 5021 Aug 19 09:03 CHECK_TEST_Extracts_20080818210000.zip -rw-r----- 1 guest ftp1 2437 Aug 20 05:15 CHECK_TEST_Extracts_20080819210000.zip -rw-r----- 1 guest ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on two patterns

Hi there, I've an input file as follows: *START 1001 a1 1002 a2 1003 a3 1004 a4 *END *START 1001 b1 1002 b2 1004 b4 *END *START 1001 c1 1004 c4 *END (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on first 8 chars

I have an input file of this format <Date><other data> For example, 20081213aaaaaaaaa 20081213bbbbbbbbb 20081220ccccccccc 20081220ddddddddd 20081220eeeeeeeee 20081227ffffffffffffff The first 8 chars are date in YYYYMMDD formT. I need to split this file into n files where n is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on context.

I have file as shown below. Would like to split the file based on the context of data. Like, split the content between "---- XXX Info ----" and " ---- YYY Info ----" to a file. When I try using below command, 2nd file contains all the info starting after first "---- YYYY Info ----" instance.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on column values

Hi all, I have a file (say file.txt) which contains comma-separated rows. Each row has seven columns. Only column 4 or 5 (not both) can have empty values like "" in each line. Sample lines So, now i want all the rows that have column 4 as "" go in file1.txt and all the rows that have column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on pattern and first character

I have a file as below pema.txt s2dhshfu dshfkdjh dshfd rjhfjhflhflhvflxhvlxhvx vlvhx sfjhldhfdjhldjhjhjdhjhjxhjhxjxh sjfdhdhfldhlghldhflhflhfhldfhlsh rjsdjh#error occured# skjfhhfdkhfkdhbvfkdhvkjhfvkhf sjkdfhdjfh#error occured# my requirement is to create 3 files frm the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on line number

Hi I have a file with over a million lines (rows) and I want to split everything from 500,000 to a million into another file (to make the file smaller). Is there a simple command for this? Thank you Phil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on a pattern

Hi All, I am having a problem. I tried to extract the chunk of data and tried to fix I am not able to. Any help please Basically I need to remove the for , values after K, this is how it is now A,, B, C,C, D,D, 12/04/10,12/04/10, K,1,1,1,1,0,3.0, K,1,1,1,2,0,4.0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
ALE(1)																	    ALE(1)

NAME
ale - a synthetic capture engine and renderer SYNOPSIS
ale [OPTIONS] original-frame [supplemental-frames ...] output-file ale [HELP OPTIONS] ale --version DESCRIPTION
ALE is a free software synthetic capture engine and renderer accepting, as input, a sequence of image frames, and producing, as output, rendered images, registration data, and 3D models (currently experimental). EXAMPLES
ale --hu Print the help page on program usage. ale 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.ppm Render output file out.ppm from inputs 001.ppm, 002.ppm, and 003.ppm. ale --scale 2 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.png Render output file out.png at 2x scale. ale --perturb-upper=0 --trans-load=a.t --projective frame*.png out.png Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using projective transformations as described in the file a.t. ale --3dv 0 out.png --projective frame*.png null: Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using a 3D scene model to determine transformations. ale --visp last:sinc*lanc:6 sf:0 out/ .jpg in/*.jpg null: Render a video stream from files in/*.jpg to the directory out/, stabilizing to the first frame, with a lanczos-windowed sinc filter. USAGE
ale is a wrapper script that calls the executable ale-bin after extracting exposure EXIF information from image files (when the exiftool utility is available) and converting from raw formats (when the dcraw utility is available). When ale-bin has been linked with ImageMagick, input and output files may be of any kind supported by ImageMagick. Otherwise, only PPM files can be read and written by ale-bin. OPTIONS
OPTIONS are summarized via built-in help pages (see HELP OPTIONS below). More detailed manuals describing options and internal algorithms are available for certain versions of ALE. See SEE ALSO below for more details on other manuals. HELP OPTIONS
A listing of available help options can be obtained by invoking ale --hu. ENVIRONMENT
The wrapper script ale recognizes the following environment variables: ALE_BIN ALE executable to use. DCRAW dcraw raw extraction tool to use. EXIF_UTILITY EXIF extraction utility to use. ALE_COUNT_THREADS Displays statistics on thread counts when set to a non-zero value. PAGER Text pager to use (e.g., for displaying help pages). SEE ALSO
More detailed manuals for certain versions of ALE are distributed with source packages, and may also be available from: http://auricle.dyndns.org/ALE/manuals/ 03/31/2009 ALE(1)