Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting the file based on logic Post 302301599 by dsdev_123 on Friday 27th of March 2009 12:00:48 PM
Old 03-27-2009
Basically each invoice's second character of the first line is "H" and sixth character is " " (space)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting files based on text in the file

I need to split a file based on certain context inside the file. Is there a unix command that can do this? I have looked into split and csplit but it does not seem like those would work because I need to split this file based on certain text. The file has multiple records and I need to split this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrix1067
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on number of rows

Hi, I'm, new to shell scripting, I have a requirement where I have to split an incoming file into separate files each containing a maximum of 3 million rows. For e.g: if my incoming file say In.txt has 8 mn rows then I need to create 3 files, in which two will 3 mn rows and one will contain 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic for file fetching based on date

Dear friends, I receive the following files into a FTP location on a daily basis -rw-r----- 1 guest ftp1 5021 Aug 19 09:03 CHECK_TEST_Extracts_20080818210000.zip -rw-r----- 1 guest ftp1 2437 Aug 20 05:15 CHECK_TEST_Extracts_20080819210000.zip -rw-r----- 1 guest ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on two patterns

Hi there, I've an input file as follows: *START 1001 a1 1002 a2 1003 a3 1004 a4 *END *START 1001 b1 1002 b2 1004 b4 *END *START 1001 c1 1004 c4 *END (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on first 8 chars

I have an input file of this format <Date><other data> For example, 20081213aaaaaaaaa 20081213bbbbbbbbb 20081220ccccccccc 20081220ddddddddd 20081220eeeeeeeee 20081227ffffffffffffff The first 8 chars are date in YYYYMMDD formT. I need to split this file into n files where n is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on context.

I have file as shown below. Would like to split the file based on the context of data. Like, split the content between "---- XXX Info ----" and " ---- YYY Info ----" to a file. When I try using below command, 2nd file contains all the info starting after first "---- YYYY Info ----" instance.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on column values

Hi all, I have a file (say file.txt) which contains comma-separated rows. Each row has seven columns. Only column 4 or 5 (not both) can have empty values like "" in each line. Sample lines So, now i want all the rows that have column 4 as "" go in file1.txt and all the rows that have column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on pattern and first character

I have a file as below pema.txt s2dhshfu dshfkdjh dshfd rjhfjhflhflhvflxhvlxhvx vlvhx sfjhldhfdjhldjhjhjdhjhjxhjhxjxh sjfdhdhfldhlghldhflhflhfhldfhlsh rjsdjh#error occured# skjfhhfdkhfkdhbvfkdhvkjhfvkhf sjkdfhdjfh#error occured# my requirement is to create 3 files frm the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on line number

Hi I have a file with over a million lines (rows) and I want to split everything from 500,000 to a million into another file (to make the file smaller). Is there a simple command for this? Thank you Phil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on a pattern

Hi All, I am having a problem. I tried to extract the chunk of data and tried to fix I am not able to. Any help please Basically I need to remove the for , values after K, this is how it is now A,, B, C,C, D,D, 12/04/10,12/04/10, K,1,1,1,1,0,3.0, K,1,1,1,2,0,4.0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
ISWSPACE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       ISWSPACE(3)

NAME
iswspace - test for whitespace wide character SYNOPSIS
#include <wctype.h> int iswspace(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The iswspace() function is the wide-character equivalent of the isspace(3) function. It tests whether wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "space". The wide-character class "space" is disjoint from the wide-character class "graph" and therefore also disjoint from its subclasses "alnum", "alpha", "upper", "lower", "digit", "xdigit", "punct". The wide-character class "space" contains the wide-character class "blank". The wide-character class "space" always contains at least the space character and the control characters 'f', ' ', ' ', ' ', 'v'. RETURN VALUE
The iswspace() function returns nonzero if wc is a wide character belonging to the wide-character class "space". Otherwise it returns zero. CONFORMING TO
C99. NOTES
The behavior of iswspace() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. SEE ALSO
isspace(3), iswctype(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
1999-07-25 ISWSPACE(3)