Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Segmentation Fault on exit of main Post 302301543 by SonOfPerdition on Friday 27th of March 2009 08:20:46 AM
Old 03-27-2009
Hi,

i know this is a very old thread now, but I just found it again through a google search for another issue and I thought for completeness sake i'd update it with the solution. You never know it may be useful for other people who may have a similar issues in the future.

It turned out i was linking against incorrect libraries, i was linking against single threaded instead of multi threaded.

When i added the switch -mt in the linking stage the problem was solved.

hey .. better late than never. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Segmentation fault

I am tring to install Lotus Domino/Notes 5.0.5 on a AIX 4.3.3 server. I go to run the cdrom/ibmpow/install and I get the following error. Lotus Notes for Unix Install Program --------------------------------------------- ./install: 10088 Segmentation fault This had Lotus Notes installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jshaulis
1 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

4. Programming

Segmentation fault.

I'm getting a segmentation fault. I'm new to Linux programming. Thanks so much for all of your input.:eek: #include </usr/include/mysql++/mysql++.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int outputToImport(const char*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

6. Programming

Segmentation fault in C

i have this code int already_there(char *client_names, char *username) { int i; for(i = 0; i<NUM; i++) { printf("HERE\n"); if (strcmp(client_names, username)==0) return(1); } return(0); } and i get a segmentation fault, whats wrong here? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
JOCAMLMKLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						    JOCAMLMKLIB(1)

NAME
jocamlmklib - generate libraries with mixed C / Caml code. SYNOPSIS
ocalmklib [options] files DESCRIPTION
The jocamlmklib command facilitates the construction of libraries containing both Caml code and C code, and usable both in static linking and dynamic linking modes. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -cclib lib C library passed to jocamlc -a or jocamlopt(1) -a only. -ccopt opt C option passed to jocamlc(1) -a or jocamlopt(1) -a only. -custom Disable dynamic loading. -dllpath dir Add dir to the run-time search path for DLLs. -I dir Add dir to the path searched for Caml object files. -failsafe Fall back to static linking if DLL construction failed. -ldopt opt C option passed to the shared linker only. -linkall Build Caml archive with link-all behavior. -llib Specify a dependent C library. -Ldir Add dir to the path searched for C libraries. -jocamlc cmd Use cmd in place of jocamlc(1). -jocamlopt cmd Use cmd in place of jocamlopt(1). -o name Generated Caml library is named name.cma or name.cmxa. -oc name Generated C library is named dllname.so or libname.a. -rpath dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Rdir Same as -rpath. -verbose Print commands before executing them. -Wl, -rpath dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Wl, -rpath -Wl dir Same as -dllpath dir. -Wl, -Rdir Same as -dllpath dir. -Fdir Specify a framework directory (MacOSX). -framework name Use framework name (MacOSX). SEE ALSO
jocamlc(1), jocamlopt(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 19, 2004 JOCAMLMKLIB(1)