Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List files Post 302301442 by !ncredible on Thursday 26th of March 2009 10:20:38 PM
Old 03-26-2009
List files

I am trying to use pattern matching in case under shell script but I am getting some problem.

Want files starting from s-z and ending with pbrt.

I want to perform some action having filename as : [s-z]*.pbrt

but when I am writing

case "$file" in
[s-z]*.pbrt) echo "Successful"
;;
*) ;;
esac

its not working. Can somebody help me out? Image

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting a list of string in a list of txt files

Hi there! I have 150 txt files named chunk1, chunk2, ........., chunk150. I have a second file called string.txt with more than 1000 unique strings, house, dog, cat ... I want to know which command I should use to count how many times each string appears in the 150 files. I have tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pep Puigvert
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files and display only directory list containing those files

I have a directory (and many sub dirs beneath) on AIX system, containing thousands of file. I'm looking to get a list of all directory containing "*.pdf" file. I know basic syntax of find command, but it gives me list of all pdf files, which numbers in thousands. All I need to know is, which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r7p
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find list of files from a list and copy to a directory

I will be very grateful if someone can help me with bash shell script that does the following: I have a list of filenames: A01_155716 A05_155780 A07_155812 A09_155844 A11_155876 that are kept in different sub directories within my current directory. I want to find these files and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files only when a certain number of files match

Hi, I have many files named CCR20110720011001.CTRD CCR20110720011501.CTRD CCR20110720012001.CTRD CCR20110720012501.CTRD CCR20110720021001.CTRD ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyfright
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy list of files from a keyword list to another directory

Hello, I have a folder with a massive amount of files, and I want to copy out a specific subset of the files to a new directory. I would like to use a text file with the filenames listed, but can't get it to work. The thing I'm hung up on is that the folder names in the path can and do have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twjolson
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install upstart jobs or init scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [-O] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing upstart job files or init scripts with associated defaults files into package build directories, and in the former case providing compatibility handling for non-upstart systems. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ and to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. debian/package.init Otherwise, if this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. If no upstart job file is installed in the target directory when dh_installinit --onlyscripts is called, this program will assume that an init script is being installed and not provide the compatibility symlinks or upstart dependencies. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , or for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the upstart job file or the init script (and default file) using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.upstart, debian/package.name.init and debian/package.name.default, instead of the usual debian/package.upstart, debian/package.init and debian/package.default. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter will be ignored completely for upstart jobs. --upstart-only Only install an upstart job file, and do not include maintainer script code to replace an init script with that upstart job. This parameter is intended for use when the "package.upstart" file is new and only to be used on Upstart-based systems. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> Scott James Remnant <scott@canonical.com> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)