Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to set dialog to run from a command line ? Post 302301439 by rikxik on Thursday 26th of March 2009 10:04:08 PM
Old 03-26-2009
Add the below entry at the end of you .profile (I'm assuming you are the only user who is interested in doing this):

Code:
PATH=$PATH:/opt/dialog/bin
export PATH

Logout/login and it should work fine.

I've posted a reply to your other question which you posted in another thread. Please do not spawn multiple threads for same question - its wastage of everyone's time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get ssh to run a command in one line?

How would I combine something like: localserver# ssh remoteserver remoteserver# find blah blah blah into a one liner that would ssh to the remote server and run the find command, so I could put it in a script to automatically go out and run things on remote servers with out needed user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set mutliple words variable from command line

I'm writing a script (C shell) to search for a pattern in file. For example scriptname pattern file1 file2 filenN I use for loop to loop through arguments argv, and it does the job if all arguments are supplied. However if only one argument is supplied (in that case pattern ) it should ask to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patryk44
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set end of line in mail command

Hi , Am trying to send mail using the mail command, but the mail command is working but its not sending automatically after pressing .(dot) in the command prompt it sends . How to achieve that. Also it showing the below line after pressing the dot . /home/abc1/dead.letter... Saved message in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line to the end of a set of files without using sed command?

I understand that the SED command reads all the lines in the file before adding a required line to the end of the file. Is there another command that adds a line to the end of files without reading the entire file.... SED is increasing the processing time as the number of lines in each of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanch
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one line command to create and set password for new user...

Using useradd abc --password password (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagruti Rml
5 Replies
Dialog(3I)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						Dialog(3I)

NAME
Dialog - popup dialog interactor SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/dialog.h> DESCRIPTION
A dialog is an interactor that handles input for a dialog box. The dialog layout is specified by a separate interactor passed to the dia- log constructor. The dialog completes when the value of an associated button state becomes non-zero. This button state is typically set by one or more buttons in the component interactor. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Dialog(ButtonState*, Interactor*, Alignment = Center) Construct a new dialog with the given button state and interactor. The alignment is used by the Popup operation. virtual boolean Accept() Set the dialog button state to zero and loop reading events until the button state's value becomes non-zero. Each event is passed to is target's Handle operation. Return true if the value is one, false otherwise. virtual boolean Popup(Event&, boolean placed = true) Insert the dialog into the world associated with the given event. If placed is true, align the dialog around the event's (x, y) coordinate. Otherwise, the dialog is inserted without specifying a position. Popup then calls the Accept operation and returns its value. SEE ALSO
Button(3I), Interactor(3I), World(3I) InterViews 11 August 1988 Dialog(3I)