Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Screen layout of unix.com just changed Post 302301369 by Neo on Thursday 26th of March 2009 04:48:42 PM
Old 03-26-2009
You might have been using the forum default skin. I changed the default to this layout (designed by reborg a while back) for a change.

If you prefer the full wide screen style, go to your UserCP -> Edit Options and go to the bottom where it says, Miscellaneous Options and select the wide skin.

Cheers!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix screen shot

i would like to see an unix screen shot if anyone could take a screen shot of unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
7 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Unix screen cmd effecting Vi editor

Hello, I enjoy using the unix screen utility, but my vi sessions lose the ability to syntax highlight code and split screen(:vs or :sp). When not using screen, I can do those things within vi. Anybody experience this and know the fix? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geephei
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where is unix-screen-binary path location

hi all, i wanna ask where is unix-screen-binary path location? i cannot find it in /usr/bin or /bin or using man command thx before (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venven
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out who changed the file permission in unix

Can any one tell me is there any command to find out who changed the permission of a file Or is there any log file so that i can find out who has changed the permission of a file? Thanks in Advance:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttamnsd
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting and screen session

hi, i am on AIX 5.3. I would like to write scripts that initiate or reattach to a screen session to run some commands either from unix or Universe. Can anyone assist me with a with a wuick primer on this. I can attach or initiate a screen manually and then run the commands but I would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustytina
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Get blank screen when killing a UNIX session on HP-UX

Hi, I have this Unix script that kills a user session. When I run it, my screen goes blank. How do I prevent the blank screen? Ex: I open 2 Unix sessions. The main PID for my 1st session is 1234. In the second session I issue a "kill -HUP 1234". The first session gets killed but the second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
5 Replies
AOSD(1) 							   User Commands							   AOSD(1)

NAME
aosd_cat - displays text on the screen SYNOPSIS
aosd_cat [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
Displays UTF-8 text in a transparent OSD frame. For parameters marked with asterisk (*) valid range is 0-255. Those, which are marked with double asterisk (**), accept negative values. Coloring parameters are specified in either #RGB format or from rgb.txt. Timing parameters are specified in milliseconds. Scrollback lim- its are cancelled with 0 parameter. Age is in seconds. Geometry Options: -p, --position Sets the OSD window position. Or to be more precise, selects the point of the screen which is told to be the beginning of the coor- dinates (the 0,0 point) AND selects the point of the OSD window to collocate with it. Valid range is 0-8, where 0 is top-left corner and 8 is bottom-right corner. Default value is 6. -x, --x-offset ** Sets the x-axis window offset from the (0,0) point. Default value is 50. -y, --y-offset ** Sets the y-axis window offset from the (0,0) point. Default value is -50. -e, --shadow-offset ** Sets the shadow offset. Default value is 2. -d, --padding * Sets the margin from the edge to the contents. Default value is 0. Appearance Options: -t, --transparency Sets the transparency mode. 0=none, 1=fake, 2=composite. Default value is 2. -n, --font Sets the OSD font. No default value. -w, --width Sets the OSD wrapping width in pixels. If set to zero, text will be wrapped on screen width or will not be wrapped at all if other parameters make it impossible to layout correctly. Default value is 0. Coloring Options: -B, --back-color Sets the background color. No default value. -S, --shadow-color Sets the shadow color. Default value is black. -R, --fore-color Sets the foreground color. Default value is green. Opacity Options: -b, --back-opacity * Sets the background opacity. Default value is 0. -s, --shadow-opacity * Sets the shadow opacity. Default value is 192. -r, --fore-opacity * Sets the foreground opacity. Default value is 255. Timing Options: -f, --fade-in Sets the fade in time. Default value is 300. -u, --fade-full Sets the time to show with full opacity. Default value is 3000. -o, --fade-out Sets the fade out time. Default value is 300. Scrollback Options: -a, --age Sets the line age removal limit. Default value is 0. -l, --lines Sets the line amount removal limit. Default value is 1. Application Options: -i, --input Sets the input text source. Default value is -. BUGS
This manpage may be out of date. Use --help to get the latest options. Thank you for using libaosd! Please send bug reports to: http://jira.atheme.org/ aosd_cat November 2007 AOSD(1)