Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SubMenu Exit problem!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SubMenu Exit problem! Post 302301332 by Alendrin on Thursday 26th of March 2009 02:16:13 PM
Old 03-26-2009
got it, I use Break;; and it returns to main menu, thanks for the help anyways!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with exit status

Hi, Consider the output of the following commands: case1) ------- # ifconfig -a | grep "UP" | grep uplink0:1 # echo $? Output is: 0 case2 ------ # ifconfig -a | grep "UP" | grep uplink0:1; echo $? Output is: 1 In case2 we got the exit code as 1, which is the actual exit code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diganta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with exit code when piping

i am writing a script to perform some mysqldumps and gzip them. The problem I am running into is that if the user specifies a database that doesn't exist, the error the mysql engine produces is still piped into gzip, and the exit code returned is 0. If I don't pipe into gzip, an exit code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitoffish
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with exit while using nohup

Hi, I am kinda confused with this, am not sure what is happening i have a script say test.sh ---------- cat myfile | while read line do exit 2 done echo "out of loop" ----------- as it is evident, the exit should cause the script to terminate ,hence producing no output for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumirmehta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find exit status problem

Hi All Its strange or i am doing it wrong.When find run successful it return exit status 0.And same if it didn't run successfully it return zero. find /var/www/html -maxdepth 1 -type f -name *.dsadas echo $? 0 find /var/www/html -maxdepth 1 -type f -name *.php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with exit command

Problem with exit command ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I am executing script written by other user. I am executing script A.ksh, and A.ksh calls B.ksh. But It is giving error: /home/user/B.ksh: exit: -1: unknown option When I checked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreyas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using exit(1)

Hi All, i have a script named as 1. scr_FTP.sh, it calls the script(2) 2. file_create.sh And in that 2nd script, i use the below function run_complete_workflow(). I introduced exit(1) to exit from the function: run_complete_workflow() and also from the 2nd script: file_create.sh and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return to a submenu

Hi, I have this menu: main_menu() { while true do print " ************************************" clear print " 1) Configuracion de RBAC (ADMIN)." print " 2) Configuracion de roles a usuarios (SISTEMAS)." print " 3) Salir." ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Submenu variable problems

The problem is I need it too go from the main menu by pressing 6, to the submenu search_proc. In the search_proc menu/section it need to accept a variable and search the processes for it and sort by PID and Process name. I'm stuck and ran out of ideas. I also cannot figure out why it keeps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skizo787
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in Unix script to exit from Putty

We have a requirement where in the user needs to select a option 4 from the menu and the putty window should be closed.I tried giving exit 0 ;; and this is only exiting from the script menu and showing back the prompt.Is there a way for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopalt
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit in same shell with echo

Hello All, I am in SunOS usvh3eudv80 5.10. facing problem in my script: #!/bin/bash var1=`date +"%m%d%H%M"%S.zip` echo " Hi your current dir is :---> $(pwd)";echo " Changing to home dir:" cd ~ 2>/dev/null || {echo "Change dir failed ....Quiting...." && exit 2 }; ls -lrt echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
3 Replies
PPI::Statement::Break(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Statement::Break(3)

NAME
PPI::Statement::Break - Statements which break out of normal statement flow SYNOPSIS
last; goto FOO; next if condition(); return $foo; redo; INHERITANCE
PPI::Statement::Break isa PPI::Statement isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Statement::Break" is intended to represent statements that break out of the normal statement flow control. This covers the basic types 'redo', 'goto', 'next', 'last' and 'return'. METHODS
"PPI::Statement::Break" has no additional methods beyond the default ones provided by PPI::Statement, PPI::Node and PPI::Element. However, it is expected to gain methods for identifying the line to break to, or the structure to break out of. TO DO
- Add the methods to identify the break target - Add some proper unit testing SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Statement::Break(3)