Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to check process completion Post 302301129 by pludi on Thursday 26th of March 2009 02:55:47 AM
Old 03-26-2009
Easiest way: change preinstall.sh to automatically change the permissions of installhub.sh
More complex way:
Code:
$ cat test1.sh
#!/usr/bin/ksh
sleep 10       # Sleep 10 seconds
echo "$0 done"
$
$ cat test2.sh
#!/usr/bin/ksh
echo "$0 done"
$
$ ./test1.sh &
[1] 10774
$ PID=$! ; while [ "$( ps -p $PID 2>&1 >/dev/null ; echo $? )" = "0" ]; do sleep 5; done ; ./test2.sh
./test1.sh done
[1]+  Done                    ./test1.sh
./test2.sh done
$

As for your other question: sleep halts the script for the given amount of seconds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for FTP completion

Hello, I am sure a lot of you have come across this situation, and I want to know how you have or would handle this situation: - A file gets ftp'ed (import) regularly to a directory into our environment. Is there a way to check whether this file has completed ftp'ing. * I don't want my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if process is running

How do I make a shell script to see if a certain process is running. The process shows up on ps aux as /usr/sbin/daemon eg: if /usr/sbin/daemon else #nothin basically i want to run the process if it isnt running/ has been stopped. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daydreamer
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background Process Completion

I have my unix machine configured to run locate.updatedb on login in the background and after it completes, when I run a command such as ls-- the console returns the results of ls and + Done sudo /usr/libexec/locate.updatedbIs there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging task : script for mailing process completion timing report to users.

Hi all, This is my first post. I am new to unix scripting. My requirement is as follows : We are using a financial backoffice application. Now at the end of day we have send users a status report stating all timings of EOD processes for all countries. I need timings for following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check running of process

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to write a shell script to check whether a process if running or not.... if its still running then wait for sometime and if not then run the next query. Also, Under my one main script main.sh I have to run 2 scripts simutaneously which take some time to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovepujain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in KSH to check if a process its up or down.

Hi all! Im working on a simple script in KSH (just started) to check if a process its up or down, but im kind of lost with the following error. Script: #!/usr/bin/ksh psup=$(ps -ef | grep sftp | egrep -v grep | wc -l) if ($psup > 0); then echo "Process SFTP running" else ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ARSport
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file processed Completion

Hi, I have a wierd requirement where i need to check for a file transfered to my Server and once it is completed i need to start processing my jobs. My server is AIX 6.0 and i want to know is there some way in unix i can keep on checking the file and once it is completed successfully i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine the completion of a background process to trigger something else?

I've been thinking about a peculiar problem, and so far haven't been able to find out a convincing solution to that. To put it simply, I have a shell script (assume it to be parent_script.sh), calling another shell script (child_script.sh) 5 times, in nohup mode to be executed in the background.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviktheory11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check process status

Hi Team, I am using redhat 6.4 version server.We have a script which is used to check the process and sends email if the process is not running.If it is running it will continue and do some other operation. I didnot understand below option -z in the if condition.I have tried to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with tracking successful completion of Child process running in background

Hello All, I am using Linux. I have two scripts: inner_script.ksh main_wrapper_calling_inner.ksh Below is the code snippet of the main_wrapper_calling_inner.ksh: #!/bin/ksh ppids=() ---> Main array for process ids. fppids=() ---> array to capture failed process ids. pcnt=0 --->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmukherjee
5 Replies
GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)							 1						     GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)

get_included_files - Returns an array with the names of included or required files

SYNOPSIS
array get_included_files (void ) DESCRIPTION
Gets the names of all files that have been included using include(3), include_once(3), require(3) or require_once(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of the names of all files. The script originally called is considered an "included file," so it will be listed together with the files referenced by include(3) and family. Files that are included or required multiple times only show up once in the returned array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_included_files(3) example <?php // This file is abc.php include 'test1.php'; include_once 'test2.php'; require 'test3.php'; require_once 'test4.php'; $included_files = get_included_files(); foreach ($included_files as $filename) { echo "$filename "; } ?> The above example will output: abc.php test1.php test2.php test3.php test4.php NOTES
Note Files included using the auto_prepend_file configuration directive are not included in the returned array. SEE ALSO
include(3), include_once(3), require(3), require_once(3), get_required_files(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)