Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to monitor dump backup
Operating Systems Solaris How to monitor dump backup Post 302301059 by choogendyk on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 07:13:52 PM
Old 03-25-2009
You'll have to be a lot more talkative if you want someone to be able to help.

So far we know you have some kind of nightly backups. They appear to be controlled by a custom script that someone (who?) wrote specifically (?) for your site. Since you call it a menu, it must be some sort of web page or gui thing, and DBA implies it is dumping some kind of database. Don't know what kind, what OS, etc. Flesh that out a bit for us, and let us know something about the script, who wrote it, and how it works. Then maybe someone can offer something more useful than just, "whoever wrote the script needs to include some reporting via email in it."

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

backup NetApp using dump command

I have been trying to backup my NetApp /vol/vol0 data to local tape drive. It is around 68GB. The tape I am using is DLT tape and should be able to handle 70GB data. However, dump always aborted around reaching 57~58GB data. Tape drive is attached on NetApp. 1st try to dump /vol/vol0 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yellowfish
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dump and tar backup in one tape

Hi all! I'm new in this forum. I need to ask a few question. I would like to know if it is possible to use dump and tar command for backup in one tape. If it is possible, how do I restore it back? Fyi, I'm using the Digital Unix 4.0E OSF/1 box. (old box) :-) Thank you. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apokobondo
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dump and tar backup in one tape

Hi all! I'm new in this forum. I need to ask a few question. I would like to know if it is possible to use dump and tar command for backup in one tape. If it is possible, how do I restore it back? Fyi, I'm using the Digital Unix 4.0E OSF/1 box. (old box) :-) Thank you. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apokobondo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)

NAME
backup_deldump - Deletes a dump level from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup deldump -dump <dump level name> [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup deld -d <dump level name> [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup deldump command deletes the indicated dump level and all of its child dump levels from the dump hierarchy in the Backup Database. Use the backup listdumps command to display the dump hierarchy. OPTIONS
-dump <dump level name> Specifies the complete pathname of the dump level to delete. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the dump level "/sunday1/monday1" from the dump hierarchy, along with any of its child dump levels. % backup deldump /sunday1/monday1 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_listdumps(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)