Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: good old shell ftp...how!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting good old shell ftp...how! Post 302301039 by ShawnMilo on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 04:22:43 PM
Old 03-25-2009
It sounds like you might want to look into rsync instead.

For command-line FTP, I prefer ncftp very much. It has a recursive mget, which your vanilla ftp may not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify ftp status is "good"

Hello, From reading prior "threads", my script looks like this: #!/bin/ksh -x ftpresults=`ftp -nv $ftphost1 << EOB user $ftpuser $ftppwd put $ftp_file $ft put $ftp_file $ft1 bye EOB` ftp_ctr=`echo $ftpresults | grep "226 Transfer complete" | wc -l`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good books on Shell Scripting

All, I am new to shell scripting. Can you guys suggest me some good books/online tutorials for shell scripting(KSH/BASH)? Thanks in advance. Janardhan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raok1997
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed very good link for Shell script

I am new to shell script.I need a link which explains basic concepts for shell scrpting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajareddy_24
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Book For Unix And Shell Scripting

Hello people.I'm new to the forum and would like to seek your opinion in purchaing a copy of a good Unix and Shell scripting book. I have good knowledge of basic unix concepts and now i would like to delve into more details. Your suugestion much appreciated. Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeontoam82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for good books in Shell Scripting

Hi, I am knew to Shell Scripting. Can someone please tell me some good books for Shell Scripting which explains in a very simple language and covers all the topics nicely. Thanks, Shubh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any good book for Shell Scripting ?

Hi , I am aware of basics of UNIX like general commands for files & directories. However now I have to move on to shell programming . Please suggest any good book for beginners for shell programming basics & advanced which might have some practice questions also. Thanks, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurvohra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good site for Shell Programming

Hi unixers, :) I found some Good sites for learning Shell Programming. I Hope they will be useful to all of You. http://steve-parker.org/forum/ http://www.e-learningcenter.com/freecourses.htm similarly ,if u find any very good sites for shell programming pls post them, so that they will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

9. Solaris

A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris. I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary. To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

any good book for shell programming and scripting??

as title suggest i am looking for good book to start learning shell programming.please help me with this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvk21
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)