Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract sequence blocks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract sequence blocks Post 302300932 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 11:53:24 AM
Old 03-25-2009
ah, ok:
Code:
echo '123456789123456789123456789' | nawk -v len=9 '{l=length; for(i=1;i<=l-len+1; i++) print substr($0,i,len)}'

Last edited by vgersh99; 03-25-2009 at 01:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file

Hi I want to be able to extract a sequence of n lines from a file. ideas, commands and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Pattern Sequence

Dear Collegues I have to extract Some pattern from raw text file using perl The input will be raw text. Pattern to get - Sequence of Capital Letter Words ( e.g. he is working in Center for Perl Studies. He will come tomorrow...) from thos I have to extract sequences like "Center for Perl... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract blocks of text from a file

Hi, This is part of a large text file I need to separate out. I'd like some help to build a shell script that will extract the text between sets of dashed lines, write that to a new file using the whole or part of the first text string as the new file name, then move on to the next one and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cajunfries
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row blocks to column blocks

Hello, Searched for a while and found some "line-to-column" script. My case is similar but with multiple fields each row: S02 Length Per S02 7043 3.864 S02 54477 29.89 S02 104841 57.52 S03 Length Per S03 1150 0.835 S03 1321 0.96 S03 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences of bytes from binary for differents blocks

Hello to all, I would like to search sequences of bytes inside big binary file. The bin file contains blocks of information, each block begins is estructured as follow: 1- Each block begins with the hex 32 (1 byte) and ends with FF. After the FF of the last block, it follows 33. 2- Next... (59 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
59 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blocks of text in a file - extract when matches...

I sat down yesterday to write this script and have just realised that my methodology is broken........ In essense I have..... ----------------------------------------------------------------- (This line really is in the file) Service ID: 12345 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract distinc sequence of letters

Hallo, I need to extract distinct sequence of letters for example from 136 to 193 Files are quite big, so I would prefer not to use "fold -w1" Thank you very much Input file look like this: 1 cttttacctt catgtgtttt tgcagatatt tgttcataat aacatcttct ttttaagtta 61 ttaaaatctt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
4 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
       ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices

SYNOPSIS
       /usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir]

DESCRIPTION
       ucblinks  creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi-
       ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry.

ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand.

ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been  created,
       since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed.

In  releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a  nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses  nawk
       for the default operation, although  nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option.  The  nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS
       5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk.

OPTIONS
       -e rulebase     Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements.

-r rootdir      Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /.

FILES
       /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk        sample rule-base for compatibility links

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWscpu			   |

SEE ALSO
       devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5)

SunOS 5.10							    13 Apr 1994 						      ucblinks(1B)