Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux is there a guide for linux distros? Post 302300884 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 09:54:00 AM
Old 03-25-2009
it's not this hard... just choose one and stay with it. some infos are at:

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

but you can also ask your questions here!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Universal Repositories for All Linux Distros

Is it possible to use Other Distro's ( i.e Debian's or Ubuntu's ) repositories in Fedora? If not then what should be done to make common repositories for all linux distros. regards, Arun Maurya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maurya
2 Replies

2. Linux

Multiple linux distros in one box

Hi, This will be my first time to install 5 distros in one box, the ff. are: openSUSE 11, openSUSE11.1, Ubuntu 8.04, Ubuntu 8.10, Fedora 10 Now, I'm confused how would I partitioned my hard disk with a capacity of 80Gb where there is only one swap and no idea yet how to play with boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Points to compare Linux distros

I 've a question regarding which points should be considered to compare 2 different linux distros say RedHat & Ubuntu. for a production environment non-db applications ... any help will be appreciated .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Fedora

On Installing Multiple Linux Distros on a Computer

Guys, I was planning to install Ubuntu, Fedora and Backtrack on the same computer (along with Windows 7). My Specifications are: 2.67 Core i5 4GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HDD I have a system running Windows 7 with 3 partitions (240, 130, 130) GBs. And I was planning on freeing out 30GB of space and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hMeU
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenSSL usage on Linux Distros

Hi, My server is Centos 6 i686. Is it possible get an openssl download from this site "https://www.openssl.org/source/" (which is used for 64 bit platforms) and use it on 32 bit platforms also? Thx, Aigini (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)