Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing What is it about OpenMosix that supports multi-process applications? Post 302300861 by fabtagon on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 08:25:55 AM
Old 03-25-2009
Afaik not. Intrest in such technologies has rapidly declined with the availability of cheap multicore processors. Depending on your task grid/cloud technologies might be an option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

message queues and multi-process

Hi, Am supposed to use message queues to send and receive messages between the processes. when i was working on that i realised that the message qid and the message queue related data should be maintained in a shared memory so that it can be accessed by all the processes. Could anybody refer... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
10 Replies

2. Programming

Redirect Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); printf("Hello \n");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
3 Replies

3. Programming

Redirect Standard Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
5 Replies

4. Programming

Question About Multi-Processed Applications... fork()

Assume we have an application built on *nix that uses fork()...then the processes procedure is going to act as follow: X is considered a parent process (first click on application) Y is considered a child process of X (second click on application) Z is considered a child process of Y (third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
6 Replies

5. Linux

Why had the OpenMosix project ended?

I want to build a load-balancing cluster and I the multiprocess support then I read: 'Any single program that can run as multiple processes can benefit from OpenMosix: "The GIMP" photo editor and the "kandel" fractal generator are known to do this. Unless I can find a load-balancing cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

6. Linux

Does anyone have a copy of OpenMosix 2.4.26?

I want to build a load-balancing cluster and the multiprocess support that I read about: 'Any single program that can run as multiple processes can benefit from OpenMosix: "The GIMP" photo editor and the "kandel" fractal generator are known to do this. Unless I can find a load-balancing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. Programming

Multi process programming in C

So I am trying to learn C and am coding some scripts on my own. For a start I have decided to port the shell script developed by wisecracker into C.( Here is the link to that script A simple reminder script for beginners to shell scripting. | Unix Linux Forums | OS X (Apple) ) This is what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
7 Replies

9. Programming

Multi head/multi window hello world

I am trying to write a large X app. I have successfully modified my xorg.conf to setup 4 monitors on an NVIDIA Quatro5200. I am trying to modify a simple hello world application to open a window on three of the four monitors. depending on the changes to loop the window creation section and event... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: advorak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use the get and post method in the bash ( multi process)?

hi I want to call a lot of links with the post method What to do to speed it up?? ####This method is slow #!/bin/bash func2() { index1=0 while read line ; do index1=$(($index1+1)) url=$line done < tmp/url1.txt } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
10 Replies
SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)				    systemd-rc-local-generator				     SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-rc-local-generator - Compatibility generator for starting /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local during boot and shutdown SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-rc-local-generator is a generator that checks whether /etc/rc.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the rc-local.service unit into the boot process. This unit is responsible for running this script during late boot. Note that the script will be run with slightly different semantics than the original System V version, which was run "last" in the boot process, which is a concept that does not translate to systemd. The script is run after network.target, but in parallel with most other regular system services. systemd-rc-local-generator also checks whether /usr/sbin/halt.local exists and is executable, and if it is pulls the halt-local.service unit into the shutdown process. This unit is responsible for running this script during later shutdown. Support for both /etc/rc.local and /usr/sbin/halt.local is provided for compatibility with specific System V systems only. However, it is strongly recommended to avoid making use of these scripts today, and instead provide proper unit files with appropriate dependencies for any scripts to run during the boot or shutdown processes. systemd-rc-local-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-RC-LOCAL-GENERATOR(8)