Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed or awk cut all lines after word Post 302300859 by Trump on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 08:24:32 AM
Old 03-25-2009
thnx twice ! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut vs. sed vs. awk ?

hi again...need new help guys:p the file contains following infos... users/abc/bla1.exe newusers/defgh/ik/albg2.exe users2/opww/ertz/qqwertzu/rwerwew.exe how to get the file content into... users/abc/ newusers/defgh/ik/ users2/opww/ertz/qqwertzu/ with... you can erase the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,sed or cut problem

Good afternoon, Sir's, I would like to seek your assistance regarding on this matter. $cat file1 111 aaaa bbb aass aaa files file1 temp temp1 pix 222 11 22 1 33 44 desired output: aaaa bbb aass files file1 temp1 222 11 22 1 33 44 thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut in sed/awk

Hi Can i have an example where i should be able to cut columns (like for eg cut -c 1-3) in sed or awk. Regards Dhana (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Awk Cut Grep Combination Help ?

I have been reading for a few hours trying to educate myself enough to accomplish this task, so please know I have performed some research. Unfortunately, I am not a *NIX scripting expert, or a coder. I come from a network background instead. SO, here is my desired outcome. I have some Cisco... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbzer0
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/sed solution for grep,cut

Hi, From the file "example" with lines like below, I need the int value associated with ENG , i.e, 123 SUB: ENG123, GROUP 1 SUB: HIS124, GROUP 1 .. .. Normally , i do grep ENG example | cut -d ' ' -f 2 | cut -c 4-6 Is it possible to do it in simpler way using awk/sed ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring using cut/awk/sed

Hi Gurus,I have a seemingly simple problem but struggling with it.It is as follows : I/p string - ABCDEFGHIJ20100909.txt desired o/p - AB,DEF,20100909,ABCDEFGHIJ20100909.txt How to achieve it ?Thanks in advance. Please use code tags, thank you (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line/Variable Editing for Awk sed Cut

Hello, i have a file, i open the file and read the line, i want to get the first item in the csv file and also teh third+6 item and wirte it to a new csv file. only problem is that using echo it takes TOO LONG: please help a newbie. below is my code: WorkingDir=$1 FileName=`cut -d ',' -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limamichelle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing file with awk cut and sed

HI All, I am new to unix. I have a file would like to do some editing by using awk, cut and sed. Could anyone help? This file contain 100 lines. There are one line for example: 2,"102343454",5060,"579668","579668","579668","SIP",,,"825922","035885221283026",1,268,"00:59:00.782 APR 17... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite - Reserved SQL words by SQLite SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQLite word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by SQLite. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either SQLite 2 or 3. is_reserved_by_sqlite2( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQLite 2. is_reserved_by_sqlite3( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQLite 3. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQLite versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sqlite2 is_reserved_by_sqlite3 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.sqlite.org/docs.html> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm)