Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to set up Telnet on Suse? Post 302300759 by rikxik on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 02:17:15 AM
Old 03-25-2009
Because telnet has a client (telnet) and server (telnetd) Most probably you have only installed the client.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.0...I can't get SaX2 to start on Hercules 128 and YaST2 won't set up X either.

I'm trying to set up a school Linux computer and use Samba to link it to Windows NT. Pentium-133 Hercules 8 meg Stingray 128/3D I'm not too familiar with SuSE's config tools (more used to Mandrake) and so am having some trouble configuring X. SaX2 just won't start, even when I use "sax2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
1 Replies

2. SuSE

PhPMyAdmin basic set up on SUSE linux 9.1

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me setup my PhpMyAdmin on my SUSE linux 9.1 machine. I want to use it to access MySQL server instead of the defualt MySQLCC-Console Manager. I have not tried yet but i have done a such and it's installed in one of the folders. I would like to point... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation

Hi i am new to Linux, i am trying to connect SCO Unix from SUSE LINUX Workstation but i am unable to define the terminal type. i have also downloaded terminal softwares but function keys (f1, f2....) and some other keys are displaying code instead of working the correct function. is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aafflatoon
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to set CoreDump in SuSE 10

Hi All, Am trying to modify the coreDump value in SuSE 10 by doing the following steps : 1. Add the line "ulimit -Sc 1004" to /etc/profile 2. Relogin using telnet and try the command "ulimit -c". The value is 1004 3. Now relogin using xbrowser the ulimit value is not reflected. OS :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i execute a set of commands in telnet??

I have list of commands in a file in one sever and i need to execute these set of commands in the server to which i m telnetting to .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
TCPDMATCH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      TCPDMATCH(8)

NAME
tcpdmatch - tcp wrapper oracle SYNOPSYS
tcpdmatch [-d] daemon client tcpdmatch [-d] daemon[@server] [user@]client DESCRIPTION
tcpdmatch predicts how the tcp wrapper would handle a specific request for service. Examples are given below. The program examines the tcpd access control tables (default /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny) and prints its conclusion. For maximal accuracy, it extracts additional information from your inetd or tlid network configuration file. When tcpdmatch finds a match in the access control tables, it identifies the matched rule. In addition, it displays the optional shell com- mands or options in a pretty-printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the pro- gram understands. ARGUMENTS
The following two arguments are always required: daemon A daemon process name. Typically, the last component of a daemon executable pathname. client A host name or network address, or one of the `unknown' or `paranoid' wildcard patterns. When a client host name is specified, tcpdmatch gives a prediction for each address listed for that client. When a client address is specified, tcpdmatch predicts what tcpd would do when client name lookup fails. Optional information specified with the daemon@server form: server A host name or network address, or one of the `unknown' or `paranoid' wildcard patterns. The default server name is `unknown'. Optional information specified with the user@client form: user A client user identifier. Typically, a login name or a numeric userid. The default user name is `unknown'. OPTIONS
-d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. EXAMPLES
To predict how tcpd would handle a telnet request from the local system: tcpdmatch in.telnetd localhost The same request, pretending that hostname lookup failed: tcpdmatch in.telnetd 127.0.0.1 To predict what tcpd would do when the client name does not match the client address: tcpdmatch in.telnetd paranoid On some systems, daemon names have no `in.' prefix, or tcpdmatch may need some help to locate the inetd configuration file. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands TCPDMATCH(8)