Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting $$# is evaluating to 1 when no value Post 302300632 by jake_ryan on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 04:08:36 PM
Old 03-24-2009
Thanks JerryHone... for clearing the puzzle. Appreciate it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating for a number

I apologize for the simple question but can someone please help me with how to evaluate a number? I will be reading in a file and if a number is >= 100000000, I will do something, if not, I will exit the if statement. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedrict
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

evaluating core files

Does anyone know any tools or how to really get something out of a core file. I can use strings and look for certain things like out of memory. I am trying to use adb but I can't make heads or tails from it. I guess it is my lack of know how with the adb/mdb debugger. anything would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating variables

Hi I have a script in which I have several variables var1 var2 var3 var4 etc...... and field1 field2 field3 field4 etc....... The script similar to this: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating params

Hi all, I ve a script like.... TBL=employee sql=`cat abhi.sql` \\ abhi.sql contains ------- select a from $TBL echo $TBL echo $sql SQL=`echo $sql` echo $SQL now i want SQL as select a from employee and as select a from $TBL How can I achieve this? Help appriciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abzi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

* character evaluating too soon - Help!

I have a user defined configuration file, which could contain the following type of entries: directory_001=/a/directory/structure pattern_001=fred* pattern_002=* I have a script which reads the file generically which will loop round loop 1 genvar=”directory” iteration=”001” ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating date +%m

how do i evaluate the value of date if ( $(date +%m) > 8 ) then FY_STAMP=FY$(echo $(($(date +%Y) + 1)) | cut -c3-4) else FY_STAMP=FY$(date +%y) fi i want this to make the FY_STAMP increment by 1 if the month is september and up. but cant seem to make it work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsf01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

K Shell evaluating value to a variable

Hi, I have the following requirement. V="First" R="V" echo $$R The output should be First. How do i achieve this. how do we evaluate the $R and evaluate it to $V as $R contains V and $V is First. Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition not evaluating as expected

Hi all, Thanks in advance for your time. I have a data file like this: 1 7.465753425 2 8.980821918 1 1.717808219 1 6.550684932 0 5.432876712 I wish to write a bash script to check both columns and output a 1 if col1==1 AND col2<3. Otherwise I want to output a 0. In the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jem8271
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating a variable

Does anyone know of a way to force a variable name held in another variable to return the value of the first variable? Best if I give an example, that does not work: /usr/local/bin >cat mike.sh NUM1ref=16 NUM2ref=32 echo "==============" for VAR in NUM1 NUM2 do XXXX=${VAR}ref echo $XXXX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejordan
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing and Evaluating

Hi Guys, Good day ULF :) I hope you can help me again with my problem. I have a file which looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server3 Dec 18 21:31:12 AHM04 nseventmgr: EVENT-SET:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
4 Replies
wmpuzzle(6)							   Version 0.5.1						       wmpuzzle(6)

NAME
wmpuzzle - WindowMaker dock app 4x4 puzzle SYNOPSIS
wmpuzzle [options] [xpm image file] DESCRIPTION
wmpuzzle provides a 4x4 puzzle on a 64x64 mini window. It is designed to work with the WindowMaker dock, but will work with other window managers as well. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a command line summary. -a, --auto-save automatically save the puzzle state on program exit. -k, --keyboard enable use of the keyboard for arrow-key navigation. -s, --shuffle=count shuffle the image count times, defaults to 2000. Using -s prevents loading the saved state from the resource file. -v, --version displays the version number. --display=id Set the display to use, e.g. --display=:0.0. --geometry=pos Set the position of the dock app, e.g. --geometry=+10+10. Note that the size (64x64) is hard-coded and cannot be changed. The image file must be an XPM file with minimum (and recommended) size of 48x48 pixels. If it is larger then the upper left corner will be shown. USAGE
Left mouse click moves the puzzle tiles, right click saves the current state and middle click recovers the last saved state. If -k has been specified the arrow keys and key s and key r will do as well. If the picture has been completed the last element will be shown. FILES
~/.wmpuzzlerc contains the puzzling state of the images. The basename of an image file will be used as its identifier. Use option -s to ignore this file on startup. BUGS
When wmpuzzle complains about not enough free color symbols that's because it needs to add six colors to the XPM's color table and found no free symbols using the according number of characters per pixel. Try to find some unused entries, delete them and correct the size of the color table (the third number in the first line), or enlarge the number of characters per pixel using some imaging program. Please send any bugs to <martin@godisch.de>. Debian users are encouraged to use the Debian Bug Tracking System at http://bugs.debian.org/wmpuzzle. AUTHOR
wmpuzzle is written by Martin A. Godisch <martin@godisch.de>. Thanks to Gordon Fraser for his suggestions, and to Kyle Boyle for the con- tribution of his numbers puzzle. Thanks to Matthias Klose for bug reports and fixes. The Debian Project February 2012 wmpuzzle(6)