Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query Regarding Regular Expression Post 302300496 by Shahul on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 09:29:50 AM
Old 03-24-2009
Code:
$ echo "scrapple the apple"|sed 's/s.*r//1'
apple the apple

Thanks
Sha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression query in AWK

I have a varable(var1) in a AWK script that contain data in the following format - I need to extract timestamp,priority and log message.I can extract these by using split function but i don't want to use it, since i want to extract it in one go. I have some difficulties in doing it using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprasad
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression query in AWK

Hi, I have a string like this-->"After Executing service For 10 Request" in this string i need to extract "10". the contents of the string is variable and "10" appears before "For" and after "Request" i.e, in this format "For x Request" I need to extract the value of x. How to do this in AWK?... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprasad
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression

Hello All! I have a file thats something like this: ( a grep output) /path/of/file/filename.abc.xyz.pqr:! Commented text /path/of/file/filename.abc.xyz: ! More Commented text I need to grep out those line from this file whose filename has ".abc" in the filename (anywhere in filename)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ag79
3 Replies

5. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

?* regular expression in sh

Hi, what ?* means in sh script? I know that ? is equivalent to at least one appearance of a preceding expression and * is equivalent to at least one appearance of preceding expression but I have difficulties with a way in which I should interpret following pattern: -?* I would expect that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expression

Hi All We have a file with statements like below SELECT BLAH,BLAH,... FROM TABSCHEMA1.TABSCHEMA1 WITH UR SELECT BLAH,BLAH,... FROM TABSCHEMA2.TABSCHEMA2 WHERE BLAH=1 WITH UR . . . and so on We want the word Anything after FROM<SPACE> and stop when the word Encounter Space.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
11 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)