Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris network driver not detecting in solaris 10 X86 on HPDL380G5 Server Post 302300413 by raj.chinnu on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 05:56:38 AM
Old 03-24-2009
Bug network driver not detecting in solaris 10 X86 on HPDL380G5 Server

I have installed solaris10 x86 on HP DL380 G5 Server, but network card is not getting detected.
i have installed the network driver, downloaded from the following link
HP ProLiant DL380 G5 Server series- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Can any one suggest me how to configure the network on HP DL380 G5 server in solaris10 x86

Thanks in Advance

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 x86 or RedHat 7 for NSF server

I just got an older Dell Poweredge 2200 which I plan to use as an NFS/Samba server. It's a PII 333, 128 Mb RAM and has a 9 Gb SCSI disk. Which OS, RedHat 7 or Solaris 8 x86, will perform better, or is there a noticeable difference? I don't plan to run xdm or any unnecessary services. Would I be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Getting a solaris x86 box on my network.

How would i get my solaris 10 box to run on my network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: possuman72
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 on x86- Can't detect network interface

Hi All, I recently installed Solaris 9 on my Compaq Presario V2000 Series (V2069CL) laptop. Everything is working fine except that Solaris is not able to detect the Network Interface after boot. While the system is booting, it shows that it has detected "Xircom Pocket Ethernet parallel port... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: com2com
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 bge0 network problem

Hi, Server --Dell Poweredge 2550. OS--Solaris 10 Network switch --cisco --port setting- 1000Mbps full duplex The network LED goes off when the solaris console screen comes up but prior to that(while booting is in progess) it is green. The system is not able to come on network,ping to switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilzoc
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure Proxy Server in Solaris 10 (X86)

Hi , I have installed solaris 10 on x 86 architecture. Now i want to configure this system as Proxy Server. I am new to the solaris. Please help me how can i configure this. Which packages or patches are needed ? or Which files have to be modify ? Please help me to resolve. Thanks and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviraj001
0 Replies

6. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x86 11.3 'live' DVD, network issue

Hi All, Has anyone else come across a network interface issue after installing Solaris x86 11.3 from the 'live' DVD? I have had issues myself and also found others have similar issues. On my systems, installing Solaris 11.3 works fine but after rebooting (from the hard disk root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Looking for a wireless driver for Solaris 10(x86)

Hello, I just installed Solaris 10 on an good old Thinkpad r52 laptop, everything seems to work fine, except for a wireless network interface which needs a third party driver. Back in days this driver was freely available from opensolaris.org now it's gone. The name of the package is SUNWiwi,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)