Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Setting up Suse 11.0 as server Post 302300411 by woofie on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 05:51:07 AM
Old 03-24-2009
Thanks for the reply.

I got no problem with SUSE and the graphics I got a machine given to me and it's got enough specs to run it.

Thought I was going down the right track with Samba, OpenLDAP but didn't know about Kerberos. I installed all the server features on the machine so I can play around and test the settings.

For the mail I want to have it (sorry I didn't say more clearly). To get mail from (for now) my ISP and then when I log into the network from another computer I can get the mail.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suse server 8.0 on hp server problem

machine: Hp Proliant DL145/Opterom 2.4GH 2*72 GBB SCSi hdd, suse: suse linux Enterprose server 8.0 for Amd 64 problem: 1. can not boot properly. have to use installation disk to boot it: enter installation and choose "boot from existing installation" and this is the only option. ( just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murataht
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem setting up raw partitions on SUSE v8.0 using LVM on Oracle 8.1.7.URGENT!!!!!!

Hi all! Working on Oracle v8.1.7.0.0 with OS  as Suse v8.0 Linux. I had created LVM,linked raw devices to LVM as below: # for binding raw devices raw /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/oracle/sam_raw_system_251m raw /dev/raw/raw2 /dev/oracle/sam_raw_users_26m raw /dev/raw/raw3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amitstora
2 Replies

3. SuSE

LKCD for suse linux enterprise server 8

Hi, I have installed LKCD using lkcdutils pakage through Yast install and remove applications. I have used enterprise server cd for installation. But I did not found any service of lkcd like /etc/init.d/boo.lkcd there. if we dont have this servers lkcd dump can not be saved at dump... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
0 Replies

4. SuSE

Extend root partition on SuSE enterprise Server 11.1

Hello Folks, Greetings, I am in need of extending the / partition for one of my SuSE linux Enterprise Server 11.1 which is running on VMware. I will be able to extend the virtual lun from the vshphere console but not sure how to extend the root partition from the OS end. I am not sure if I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PSP
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with printing to a print server from Suse 11

All; I really have 2 questions 1) How can I tell what filter file is attached to a printer ? 2) Is ther an easy way to script a socket (port9100) command to send print files to the print server? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hughie
0 Replies

6. SuSE

Hot-add memory to SuSE / VMware virtual server

Hi, Here is the issue. Some more memory has been added from vCenter to the virtual machine. From the virtual machine running SuSE 11 SP3. # modprobe acpiphp # modprobe acpi-memhotplug # grep -v online /sys/devices/system/memory/*/state # It looks like there is no offline memory, but free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

7. SuSE

How to find Server model in Suse?

How to find Server model in Suse? dmidecode is not working here server gives output for hwinfo, but not listing lshw,lshal etc. Server is remotely located, so I cant find it physically. dmesg command is also not helping with boot logs. I am not a Suse admin, request fast reply. Thanks Shyam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
6 Replies

8. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)						  firewalld.zones						FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)

NAME
firewalld.zones - firewalld zones DESCRIPTION
What is a zone? A network zone defines the level of trust for network connections. This is a one to many relation, which means that a connection can only be part of one zone, but a zone can be used for many network connections. The zone defines the firewall features that are enabled in this zone: Predefined services A service is a combination of port and/or protocol entries. Optionally netfilter helper modules can be added and also a IPv4 and IPv6 destination address. Ports and protocols Definition of tcp or udp ports, where ports can be a single port or a port range. ICMP blocks Blocks selected Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) messages. These messages are either information requests or created as a reply to information requests or in error conditions. Masquerading The addresses of a private network are mapped to and hidden behind a public IP address. This is a form of address translation. Forward ports A forward port is either mapped to the same port on another host or to another port on the same host or to another port on another host. Rich language rules The rich language extends the elements (service, port, icmp-block, masquerade and forward-port) with additional source and destination addresses, logging, actions and limits for logs and actions. It can also be used for host or network white and black listing (for more information, please have a look at firewalld.richlanguage(5)). For more information on the zone file format, please have a look at firewalld.zone(5). Which zones are available? Here are the zones provided by firewalld sorted according to the default trust level of the zones from untrusted to trusted: drop Any incoming network packets are dropped, there is no reply. Only outgoing network connections are possible. block Any incoming network connections are rejected with an icmp-host-prohibited message for IPv4 and icmp6-adm-prohibited for IPv6. Only network connections initiated within this system are possible. public For use in public areas. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. external For use on external networks with masquerading enabled especially for routers. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. dmz For computers in your demilitarized zone that are publicly-accessible with limited access to your internal network. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. work For use in work areas. You mostly trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. home For use in home areas. You mostly trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. internal For use on internal networks. You mostly trust the other computers on the networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted. trusted All network connections are accepted. Which zone should be used? A public WIFI network connection for example should be mainly untrusted, a wired home network connection should be fairly trusted. Select the zone that best matches the network you are using. How to configure or add zones? To configure or add zones you can either use one of the firewalld interfaces to handle and change the configuration: These are the graphical configuration tool firewall-config, the command line tool firewall-cmd or the D-BUS interface. Or you can create or copy a zone file in one of the configuration directories. /usr/lib/firewalld/zones is used for default and fallback configurations and /etc/firewalld/zones is used for user created and customized configuration files. How to set or change a zone for a connection? The zone is stored into the ifcfg of the connection with ZONE=option. If the option is missing or empty, the default zone set in firewalld is used. If the connection is controlled by NetworkManager, you can also use nm-connection-editor to change the zone. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALLD.ZONES(5)