Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to install perl modules
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to install perl modules Post 302300395 by Anuj8584 on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 04:21:20 AM
Old 03-24-2009
How to install perl modules ???

Hi. i installed perl 5.8.8.822 in my D: drive(windows xp).When im trying to install IO-Stringy.pm module( or any module for tat matter ) it is getting installed in 'c:\temp\please run installed script' folder no matter from where ever i run the ppm installation.The path variable is set to d:\perl\bin... any idea y this is happening ?

Last edited by Anuj8584; 03-24-2009 at 05:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing perl modules

I resulted to using /usr/sfw/bin/gmake to install my perl modules until i ran into a problem installing perl/Tk Tk-804.028 gmake: Entering directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' Sorry no HTML building yet gmake: Leaving directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' I dont unstand what the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameskay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Install modules on strawberry perl

Hi, I'm using strawberry perl on windows 7 rc, and for the past few days I haven't manage to install any modules. I understand that I have to download the module from cpan, which I do, afterwards I have to open cmd, change directory to where I have extracted the module, and type: perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: byte1918
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to manage several versions of Perl modules during the install?

Hello, I would really appreciate any advice on this issue: My Perl Module Environment: /usr/lpp/perl/lib/5.8.7 => has the Perl modules that come with the base Perl installation. Comes first in @INC concatination. /usr/lpp/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7 => has all my installed Perl modules... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genya01
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

installing perl modules

Hi All, I have a customer asking me to install these perl modules on redhat 4 ent: File::Temp Getopt::Long DBD::mysql Mail::Mailer DBD::DB2 Any idea how can I install those modules. Thanks for any comment you may add. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install perl modules in Solaris

Hi All, How to install the perl modules in Solaris? pwd /eweiquu/ocsta/lib/XML-Simple-2.18 and bash-3.00# perl Makefile.PL Checking installed modules ... XML::Parser is installed, it will be used by the test suite Writing Makefile for XML::Simple and then the readme file says,you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install perl XML and EXCEL modules in windows XP.

Hi, I am using perl 5.12. I want to install XML modules and Excel modules which is from perl in windows. I am using ppm to install these perl modules. My proxy is this: mtd.ixs.ibab.com/proxy.pac (with http in the beginning) I used this to set but i unable to download any pakage, Using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl modules installation

I have installed perl in windows. Now I would like to install spreadsheet::xlsx & DateTime::Format::Excel modules(also few more) at a time instead of installing them seperately. Could you please let me know how to install more than 1 module as a batch file in windows OS ? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to install Perl Modules

Hi guys, I need to upgrade perl modules on about multiple machines. I'm writing a for loop for it. for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6; do ssh server$i " sudo cpan Mozilla::CA, sudo cpan LWP::UserAgent, sudo cpan LWP::Protocol::https, sudo cpan IO::Socket::SSL, sudo cpan Net::SSL,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
2 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PERLIVP(1)