Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to add numbers is slow Post 302300300 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 23rd of March 2009 07:39:55 PM
Old 03-23-2009
can you provide the sample i/p and o/p
and is it ok if its a ksh script???

Last edited by vidyadhar85; 03-23-2009 at 08:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

My script runs too slow :-(...

Hello experts, I have a series issue in script that result with bad peformence and I wonder if you can assist me. For example I have two files: File-New, size 15Mb. File-Old, size 1Mb. File-New content: a b c k File-Old content: d f a b (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roybe
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add numbers in shell script

cat dailyreports | grep "Important list" | awk -F":" '{print $2}' | awk -F" " '{print $1}' hey guys, after running the above combination of cat and awk, i get the below output: 3 4 2 9 now, i need to add these numbers up all in one line. i dont know what to add to that cat and awk one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script too slow

I have a bash script that will take approx. 130 days to complete. I am trying to grep a list of 1,144 user ID's out of 41 (1 GB each) files. The 41 files were originally one 41 G file, but that was horrendously too slow.:eek: This is my current file: #!/bin/bash for i in `cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigta09
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Perl script: how to speed up?

I had written a perl script to compare two files: new and master and get the output of the first file i.e. the first file: words that are not in the master file STRUCTURE OF THE TWO FILES The first file is a series of names ramesh sushil jonga sudesh lugdi whereas the second file (could be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with slow KSH script

My script builds a lot of these array lists, then compares their sizes which solves my problem, but runs very slow. :( set -A comboSorted -- $( for x in ${IDs} do nawk -v s=$x ' BEGIN { testPattern="^" s "$" } { if ( $2 ~ testPattern ) { getline;getline; if ($1 == "IMAGE_SIZE") print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdcurious
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Script Execution.

Basically my requirement is to know the total number of free anonymous ports. anonymous port range is 32768- 65535. i wrote a script for that ********************************************** for i in {32768..65535} do netstat -an | grep $i > /dev/null if ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow down output from dhclient-script to screen

Hi I know the basic about script and sleep processes. However this is more tricky: I would like to run sh -x /sbin/dhclient-script and slow down the output of the script as a whole. How would you do it? I would like to delay output on the screen with 1 second for every line for the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: medium_linux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to alert about a slow link on the website

Hello all, Currently I am using a script with "curl" to get the an alert if 200 ok would not be grepped.and the link is down. is it possible to get an alert mail if a particular link on a website is not completely down but SLOW?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag991
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script reading file slow

I have shell program as below #!/bin/sh echo ======= LogManageri start ========== #This directory is getting the raw data from remote server Raw_data=/opt/ftplogs # This directory is ready for process the data Processing_dir=/opt/processing_dir # This directory is prcoessed files and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script - slow process with big files

Gents, Please can u help me to improve this script to be more faster, it works perfectly but for big files take a lot time to end the job.. I see the problem is in the step (while) and in this part the script takes a lot time.. Please if you can find a best way to do will be great. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
13 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)