Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting $$# is evaluating to 1 when no value Post 302300280 by JerryHone on Monday 23rd of March 2009 05:56:54 PM
Old 03-23-2009
What do you expect it to be? I think that in your context $$# is the number of positional parameters passed to the script.
I'm also puzzled by the "set" commands and what you expect them to be doing.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating for a number

I apologize for the simple question but can someone please help me with how to evaluate a number? I will be reading in a file and if a number is >= 100000000, I will do something, if not, I will exit the if statement. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedrict
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

evaluating core files

Does anyone know any tools or how to really get something out of a core file. I can use strings and look for certain things like out of memory. I am trying to use adb but I can't make heads or tails from it. I guess it is my lack of know how with the adb/mdb debugger. anything would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating variables

Hi I have a script in which I have several variables var1 var2 var3 var4 etc...... and field1 field2 field3 field4 etc....... The script similar to this: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating params

Hi all, I ve a script like.... TBL=employee sql=`cat abhi.sql` \\ abhi.sql contains ------- select a from $TBL echo $TBL echo $sql SQL=`echo $sql` echo $SQL now i want SQL as select a from employee and as select a from $TBL How can I achieve this? Help appriciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abzi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

* character evaluating too soon - Help!

I have a user defined configuration file, which could contain the following type of entries: directory_001=/a/directory/structure pattern_001=fred* pattern_002=* I have a script which reads the file generically which will loop round loop 1 genvar=”directory” iteration=”001” ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating date +%m

how do i evaluate the value of date if ( $(date +%m) > 8 ) then FY_STAMP=FY$(echo $(($(date +%Y) + 1)) | cut -c3-4) else FY_STAMP=FY$(date +%y) fi i want this to make the FY_STAMP increment by 1 if the month is september and up. but cant seem to make it work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsf01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

K Shell evaluating value to a variable

Hi, I have the following requirement. V="First" R="V" echo $$R The output should be First. How do i achieve this. how do we evaluate the $R and evaluate it to $V as $R contains V and $V is First. Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition not evaluating as expected

Hi all, Thanks in advance for your time. I have a data file like this: 1 7.465753425 2 8.980821918 1 1.717808219 1 6.550684932 0 5.432876712 I wish to write a bash script to check both columns and output a 1 if col1==1 AND col2<3. Otherwise I want to output a 0. In the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jem8271
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating a variable

Does anyone know of a way to force a variable name held in another variable to return the value of the first variable? Best if I give an example, that does not work: /usr/local/bin >cat mike.sh NUM1ref=16 NUM2ref=32 echo "==============" for VAR in NUM1 NUM2 do XXXX=${VAR}ref echo $XXXX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejordan
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing and Evaluating

Hi Guys, Good day ULF :) I hope you can help me again with my problem. I have a file which looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server3 Dec 18 21:31:12 AHM04 nseventmgr: EVENT-SET:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
4 Replies
WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)

NAME
WebService::Solr::Query - Abstract query syntax for Solr queries SYNOPSIS
my $query = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); my $result = $solr->search( $query ); DESCRIPTION
WebService::Solr::Query provides a programmatic way to generate queries to be sent to Solr. Syntax wise, it attempts to be as close to SQL::Abstract WHERE clauses as possible, with obvious exceptions for idioms that do not exist in SQL. Just as values in SQL::Abstract are SQL-escaped, this module does the appropriate Solr-escaping on all values passed to the object (see "escape()"). QUERY SYNTAX
Key-Value Pairs The simplest way to search is with key value pairs. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar") Implicit AND and OR By default, data received as a HASHREF is AND'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar', baz => 'quux' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" AND baz:"quux") Furthermore, data received as an ARRAYREF is OR'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ 'bar', 'baz' ] } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" OR foo:"baz") Nested AND and OR The ability to nest AND and OR boolean operators is essential to express complex queries. The "-and" and "-or" prefixes have been provided for this need. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -and => { -prohibit => 'bar' }, { -require => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((-foo:"bar") AND (+foo:"baz"))) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -or => { -require => 'bar' }, { -prohibit => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((+foo:"bar") OR (-foo:"baz"))) Default Field To search the default field, use the "-default" prefix. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { -default => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: ("bar") Require/Prohibit my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -require => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:"bar") my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -prohibit => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (-foo:"bar") Range There are two types of range queries, inclusive ("-range_inc") and exclusive ("-range_exc"). The "-range" prefix can be used in place of "-range_inc". my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:[a TO z]) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range_exc => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:{a TO z}) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Proximity my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -proximity => [ 'bar baz', 10 ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar baz"~10) Fuzzy my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -fuzzy => [ 'bar', '0.8' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:bar~0.8) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Literal Queries Specifying a scalar ref as a value in a key-value pair will allow arbitrary queries to be sent across the line. NB: This will bypass any data massaging done on regular strings, thus the onus of properly escaping the data is left to the user. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { '*' => '*' } ) # RESULT (*:*) ACCESSORS
o query - stores the original query structure METHODS
new( \%query ) Creates a new query object with the given hashref. stringify( ) Converts the supplied structure into a Solr/Lucene query. escape( $value ) The following values must be escaped in a search value: + - & | ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : NB: Values sent to "new()" are automatically escaped for you. unescape( $value ) Unescapes values escaped in "escape()". D Debugging constant, default: off. BUILDARGS Moose method to handle input to "new()". SEE ALSO
o WebService::Solr o http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax AUTHORS
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 National Adult Literacy Database This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)