Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to mail with this body
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to mail with this body Post 302300085 by Shahul on Monday 23rd of March 2009 07:05:24 AM
Old 03-23-2009
THis should work

Code:

echo -e "Hi All,\n\n This is today's report \n `cat ABC` " > out.txt
mail -s "Today's Report" abcd@xyz.com  < out.txt

Thanks
Sha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get åäö in e-mail message body

First of all: Hi all, i´m a new unix user and i´m swedish so please bare with me. When i generate an e-mail on a unix server and send it through novell netware 5, i loose the swedish characters å, ä and ö in the body of the message, however they remain in the subject row. What to do? Anyone?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: de98luto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send body in a mail

Hi, How to send send body along with attachment in a mail given below is code to send mail with attachemnt.its working fine but i need to send some message as body of the mail. uuencode /prod/applc/ds_data/mac/working/nullctry.csv "nullctry.csv" | mailx -s "List Of Attendance"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendragora
6 Replies

3. AIX

Send mail attachments and have a mail body

Hi, How can I send mail attachments from shell script (AIX) and have a mail body as well ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

5. Solaris

mailx on solaris - How to add mail body

hi, Can anyone please tell me how to add some text in the mail body like I can add subject using the following syntax. mailx -s "Hi - This is mail subject" xyz@abc.com Many Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abovais
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix mail body with attachment

How can I send mail with attachment in HP-UX I am able to send mail with specific body,but not successful while attaching a file. I am using the below command however it stuck : uuencode test.txt |mailx -s "Subject" <e-mail id> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail: subject and body text

HI, After giving the mail -e name@domain.com its asking the subject : after this its enter in to the body of the mail i.e. (in edit mode) How to end this edit process to send mail ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail with body

Hello All, I wish to mail after completion of code. I would like to include subject and body in it. I am not looking to read the body from other file but willing to provide the body in the command itself. Can i do this way? I am looking to pass some parameters to body and this will be possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forums123456
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put subject and body to mail from two files

Hi all, My sample file is something like this, ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri1977
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty to send image in mail body.

I have jpg file in my server. I am facing difficulty while sending the image in body . appreciate your help to fix to below code. echo "--FILEBOUNDARY" echo "Content-Type: image/jpg" echo "Content-Disposition: inline; filename=\"tick.jpg\"" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)